161 replies to this topic

#151 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

I was going to mention that very one from NSNA myself, but I remembered what ZI told us:

"I don't think attaching innuendo when there is none is remotely more imaginative than enjoying or creating proper double-allusions. How would it be? And the lines you quote are not innuendo by any stretch...don't highlight stuff that is not even single-entendre."

You've broken his rule. Shame on you. Go to the back of the line. Or at least brace yourself for another lecture.

#152 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:14 AM

I was going to mention that very one from NSNA myself, but I remembered what ZI told us:

"I don't think attaching innuendo when there is none is remotely more imaginative than enjoying or creating proper double-allusions. How would it be? And the lines you quote are not innuendo by any stretch...don't highlight stuff that is not even single-entendre."

You've broken his rule. Shame on you. Go to the back of the line. Or at least brace yourself for another lecture.

Yes indeed. Quite disgraceful.
However...

AVTAK. Moneypenny to Bond " Your dedication, when you're on the job,is most commendable James"
TMWTGG. Bond shoving the words TIT-bit and TIT-illating into conversations about Scaramanga
DAF- Tiffany Case "I'm co-operating Mr Leiter. Really I am"
Bond "Oh I can vouch for that"
NSNA- Smallfawcett (whilst Valerie Leon crawls over Sean Connery) "Just to let you know, I'm on top of things"
NSNA- Physio Pat to Bond "I believe I'm having you at 3 O'clock"

#153 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

(<Adopts the high school swagger of a teenager>) Whatever.

#154 Rufus Ffolkes

Rufus Ffolkes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 297 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

It also shone a light on this cracker almost thrown away in the sound mix of OHMSS:

Irma Bunt (in pidgin English, getting into helicopter): First you must your pipe knock off.

Bond: Knock out, you mean...I hope.

Actually, she says knock up (as in, get pregnant), not knock off.

#155 Dan Gale

Dan Gale

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:43 AM

Are you sure? The subtitles say 'knock off'. Why would Bond be concerned about knocking his own pipe up? I'm pretty sure he's saying 'i hope you mean knock the tobacco out rather than hack off my penis'. It's a very British Two-Ronnies/Benny Hill style joke. How can he get his pipe pregnant?

I don't know...they're both undressing, there's already a chemestry between them and Bond appears to be drinkng from the furry cup in that panting shot in the following montage. I think he's just speaking his intentions...!

#156 Attempting Re-entry

Attempting Re-entry

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

I always laugh in A View to a Kill when Stacey and Bond first meet. Bond is putting his moves on her, when Zorin seeks to interrupt them, informing Sracy that a helicopter's coming for her or something.

Rog says, "Well, let me walk you to the chopper then".

It's funny cause he means his dick.

#157 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

Imagine if you were Bond, then all of a sudden you saw Grace Jones rudely barge in front of you and say "YOUR HELICOPTER LEAVES IN 20 MINUTES!"

That would really shoot your chopper down.

#158 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:56 AM

Despite Tanya Roberts being such a Barbie doll, watching her trying to act haughty and "mysterious" would shoot my chopper down, and it would take more than dropping the soap to launch it again. That just leaves Fiona Fullerton, and I thought she was far cuter as Alice in Alice in Wonderland many yonks ago (egad, what does that say about me? - to be fair, like Judy Garland in The Wizard of Oz, Fiona was much older than the character she was playing).

...and Kimberly Jones aboard the rescue launch in the PTS:

"Call me James - it's five days to Alaska."
"In that case I'd better call you an ambulance, Gramps, 'cause you won't last five days with me."

(You should have heard the audience scream with approval opening night when the titles started and she revealed the dayglo '007' painted on her cleavage!)

Back to the thread subject, rewind to two years earlier:

"You know, there is a better therapy for a man's lower back."
"Really? What's that?"
"Well..." CRUNCH!

Funny then - not so funny now that I'm the same age as Connery was then.

And another thing:

"You're damn lucky you've got an ear left to hear the question with - which is: did you mess with that?"
Mr. Big/Kananga appears to be pointing at Solitaire's tarot cards, but he could just as easily be pointing at her decolletage (cleavage), which Bond also messed with.

Edited by AMC Hornet, 31 July 2010 - 02:45 PM.

#159 Attempting Re-entry

Attempting Re-entry

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:59 AM

"In that case I'd better call you an ambulance, Gramps, 'cause you won't last five days with me."

I actually just laughed out loud. That'll no doubt stay with me every time i watch View to a Kill now.

#160 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

I actually just laughed out loud. That'll no doubt stay with me every time i watch View to a Kill now.

Yeah, that was a killer-line! :tup:

#161 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:32 AM

Bond to Moneypenny in Skyfall

"It's amazing what you can do with an extra pair of hands..."

#162 Vauxhall

Vauxhall