6 replies to this topic

#1 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:36 PM

Starting from Dr.No Moneypenny-Bond relationship never changed. They always flirted in a way. But with Q its different. He was serious in FRWL but become more comedic in GF. So in Bond 23 do you think we will see something between them, I mean how the comedic approach between them started ?

Its nearly %100 that Q and Moneypenny will be back because Craig mentions them in all his latest interviews. He seems to be bored of the too-serious approach. We may see something in line of Dr.No, which I wont say no :(

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

Please can we just have one Q thread. We've had millions in the past few days.

#3 plankattack

plankattack

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1385 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

Please can we just have one Q thread. We've had millions in the past few days.

I am with Harkin on the Q thing. Too many threads have forced me into an inconsistent Q position depending on the day/thread. In the last month, I've been for certain actors, then against certain actors, and then against casting anyone.

But in serious answer to the topic, what changed was Guy Hamilton who wanted to play the scene for laughs because the car was so over-the-top, and that Q was almost disdainful of Bond because he treated his stuff like &^%*. Hence the line in TB or YOLT that everything he gives him is treated with contempt or something like that (paraphrasing as I can't recall my TB off hand at the moment :( )

#4 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

Starting from Dr.No Moneypenny-Bond relationship never changed. They always flirted in a way. But with Q its different. He was serious in FRWL but become more comedic in GF. So in Bond 23 do you think we will see something between them, I mean how the comedic approach between them started ?

It's likely their relationship was changed by the producers to inject a little bit of humour into the films, but one that wasn't dark and wasn't inappropriate.

#5 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

I'd be very surprised if the Craig era gives us anything too closely resembling the old relationships with Q or MP. Just as Craig's version of Bond will always be very different from his predecssors--no matter how much he evolves toward the "Bond we know and love"--I expect Q and MP will also be "reimagined." Which is something I look forward to, even though I always really enjoyed the "classic" versions of those characters.

#6 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

It's likely their relationship was changed by the producers to inject a little bit of humour into the films, but one that wasn't dark and wasn't inappropriate.

It was also becoming a little joke about how much carnage Bond was leaving behind on his missions, and so they began the joke about returning equipment after an outing; not returning empty handed.

#7 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

It was also becoming a little joke about how much carnage Bond was leaving behind on his missions, and so they began the joke about returning equipment after an outing; not returning empty handed.

That might be a decent way to introduce the new revamped Q - if we actually see Bond return a damaged piece of equipment. And to deliver it to a Q who plays it completely straight. No follow up. No joke. Just a PO'd looking technician with a garbled pile of electronics on his desk.