16 replies to this topic

#1 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:15 PM

If anyone has an extra copy of OHMSS that they wanna unload it please PM me with an offer. I recently bought The Living Daylights new on amazon for $3.81 so I'm aiming for a cheap deal(it's not currently available on amazon for no less than 19.99). Maybe someone got a box set for x-mas with the tile included or they upgraded to blue-ray and have an extra copy(USA region 1).I can pay you via paypal and I'll pay shipping of course. :(

#2 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

I’ve got this thing. And it’s :(ing golden. I’m not going to give it away for :)ing nothing.

- Gov

:)

Sorry Tarl. Can't help. You buy me the blu-ray version though, and I'll send you my current copy FOR FREE! ;)

#3 Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:18 AM

I’ve got this thing. And it’s :(ing golden. I’m not going to give it away for :)ing nothing.

- Gov

Sorry Tarl. Can't help. You buy me the blu-ray version though, and I'll send you my current copy FOR FREE! ;)

Lol.
Funniest post on forum.

Have ya tried Limewire? Or look it up on youtube and snoop around for the download link.

#4 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:23 AM

- Gov

;)

Sorry Tarl. Can't help. You buy me the blu-ray version though, and I'll send you my current copy FOR FREE! :)

*&^%$#@! :) :)

Don't get the reference. Is that Blagovovitch? :D

#5 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:13 AM

- Gov

Lol.
Funniest post on forum.

Have ya tried Limewire? Or look it up on youtube and snoop around for the download link.

That would be illegal and I'd strongly advise against suggesting such measures here, for your own good.

#6 007karl007

007karl007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

this movie is really easy to get were im from its only 10 euro
in xtravision !

#7 Daylights

Daylights

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

Is this for real? Is OHMSS supposed to be hard to find?

If someone is trying to make you pay $19.99, they are fooling you. After the digital restaured DVDs came out, and now that the Blu-ray version of OHMSS probably is soon to come, you can get a standard DVD version of this and any other Bond film for practically nothing :(

#8 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

If someone is trying to make you pay $19.99, they are fooling you. After the digital restaured DVDs came out, and now that the Blu-ray version of OHMSS probably is soon to come, you can get a standard DVD version of this and any other Bond film for practically nothing :(

However the author of this thread lives in the U.S. according to his location which OHMSS was never released individually on a single or 2 disc package so the only way to get it here is to buy the whole volume it was included in. I got my copy by buying Volume 3 and reselling the rest of the movies in this volume on ebay. I found a fair priced UE version on ebay for $10 and has free shipping and this is for the two disc and according to the description it says its new and its not factory sealed but this is because the factory seal on the volume had to be broken in order sell it and its a buy it now. Here is the link:

Ebay link

I highly recommend this because since the seller has a 100% ranking on ebay it will be safe seller so if I were you Tarl_Cabot I would buy this because there is no way your going to only pay around $4 for a OHMSS DVD since its not available on a single or 2 disc version by itself and this looks to be the cheapest offer out there.

#9 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

If someone is trying to make you pay $19.99, they are fooling you. After the digital restaured DVDs came out, and now that the Blu-ray version of OHMSS probably is soon to come, you can get a standard DVD version of this and any other Bond film for practically nothing :)

However the author of this thread lives in the U.S. according to his location which OHMSS was never released individually on a single or 2 disc package so the only way to get it here is to buy the whole volume it was included in. I got my copy by buying Volume 3 and reselling the rest of the movies in this volume on ebay. I found a fair priced UE version on ebay for $10 and has free shipping and this is for the two disc and according to the description it says its new and its not factory sealed but this is because the factory seal on the volume had to be broken in order sell it and its a buy it now. Here is the link:

Ebay link

I highly recommend this because since the seller has a 100% ranking on ebay it will be safe seller so if I were you Tarl_Cabot I would buy this because there is no way your going to only pay around $4 for a OHMSS DVD since its not available on a single or 2 disc version by itself and this looks to be the cheapest offer out there.

You sold the rest??? Did you already own the others on 2-disc ultimate edition, or do you just not want them? :(

#10 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

If anyone has an extra copy of OHMSS that they wanna unload it please PM me with an offer. I recently bought The Living Daylights new on amazon for $3.81 so I'm aiming for a cheap deal(it's not currently available on amazon for no less than 19.99). Maybe someone got a box set for x-mas with the tile included or they upgraded to blue-ray and have an extra copy(USA region 1).I can pay you via paypal and I'll pay shipping of course. :(

I am assuming you want the individual copy and not the one that was part of the set. The single copy is still available at big-box stores like BJ'S. BESTBUY also had it around the holidays and probably still does. BLOCKBUSTER sells the used copies of that title for around US$9.99 or less.

Of course, there is always E-BAY.

Hope that helps.

#11 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:50 PM

I buy alot of dvds on amazon because, well, it's cheap and for a movie I've seen a zillion times I'd rather buy used...but it's really not available right now in stores and a used copy actually costs more than a new copy of another 007 title currently in stores.There are region 2 copies going for $60+! Anyway, I'm in no hurry...I just thought this is the place to find one.

#12 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

If someone is trying to make you pay $19.99, they are fooling you. After the digital restaured DVDs came out, and now that the Blu-ray version of OHMSS probably is soon to come, you can get a standard DVD version of this and any other Bond film for practically nothing :)

Ebay link

You sold the rest??? Did you already own the others on 2-disc ultimate edition, or do you just not want them? :(

I only wanted OHMSS since I previously bought the single disc versions of DN, FRWL, GF, TB, YOLT, TSWLM, and TWINE at $7.99 each when they were first released and since OHMSS was not available individually I bought the Volume 3 from ebay but I ended up keeping both FYEO and OHMSS and sold the rest in the volume since I did not want them. I just could not afford to buy all the volumes in the set or all the movies so I just bought the ones I really liked and I recently bought the 2 disc TB DVD since I think is has the best special features of any of the UE DVD's and it came with a free QoS ticket. I am planning on buying the QoS DVD if its not another bare bones release but I don't expect this.

#13 Daddy Bond

Daddy Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2052 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

I buy alot of dvds on amazon because, well, it's cheap and for a movie I've seen a zillion times I'd rather buy used...but it's really not available right now in stores and a used copy actually costs more than a new copy of another 007 title currently in stores.There are region 2 copies going for $60+! Anyway, I'm in no hurry...I just thought this is the place to find one.

Yeah, I buy a lot on amazon as well. After reading your post on OHMSS, I checked out the price for the OHMSS DVD's on amazon. WOW! It's like they're solid gold or something. What's the deal???

#14 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

Yeah, I buy a lot on amazon as well. After reading your post on OHMSS, I checked out the price for the OHMSS DVD's on amazon. WOW! It's like they're solid gold or something. What's the deal???

Because its not available by itself so sellers in Amazon market place who are able to get the 2 disc in new condition sell it at a higher price since its hard to find and if you think this is bad, The Ipcress File R1 DVD (1999) is going for $75 used and $150 new.

#15 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:00 AM

Yeah, no kidding. I should get a few hundred copies when I can so I can sell them for huge $. :(

#16 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

Have you found one yet, TC? Athena007 has a SE edition she might be willing to sell.

#17 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:36 AM

Yeps I got me and extra one, TC.
Let me know if you're still looking. :(