22 replies to this topic

#1 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

I just found that Omega sued Daniel Craig because he was blaming Omega watches.

According to what I read ( http://www.relojes-e...ad.php?p=794483 ) Craig was saying that Seamasters were :( and that's why he preferred Rolex.

Is this true?

And sorry if this has been discussed before!

#2 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

Dell! Where are you????

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

It's Craigs opinion isn't it? They can't sue him for that, surely!

#4 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

Exactly what I was thinking, unless there is something else to it. Never have I heard of somebody getting sued for expressing their opinion.

#5 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:03 AM

Exactly what I was thinking, unless there is something else to it. Never have I heard of somebody getting sued for expressing their opinion.

I don't know if this story is true, but theoretically, as Omega has product placements in the Bond franchise and uses the Bond actor in its ads, I guess that there may very well be some lines in the product placement contract stating that the said Bond actor is not allowed to express negative opinions about the said products. Don't you think?

#6 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:00 AM

I don't know if this story is true, but theoretically, as Omega has product placements in the Bond franchise and uses the Bond actor in its ads, I guess that there may very well be some lines in the product placement contract stating that the said Bond actor is not allowed to express negative opinions about the said products. Don't you think?

Do the Actor must use Omega watches outside the set? because I also read that he was seen using Rolex watches outside production -whilst blaming Omega watches, that they were fragile and so-

#7 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:09 AM

The difference is that Bond is the ambassador for Omega,not Craig. Brosnan was an official ambassador for Omega. Omega must have Craig confused with Brosnan.

#8 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

Omega must have Craig confused with Brosnan.

They can't be very smart then, can they? Oops, better shut up before I get sued as well.

#9 Bond_Assassin

Bond_Assassin

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:56 PM

I think Omega is a great watch.

#10 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:13 PM

I read a lot of entertainment (okay gossip :( ) websites that would have picked up on this if it were true.

Now yes companies have sued celebs in such cases, but only if they themselves were signed on to flog the merchandise and failed to follow through with the contract or was spotted buying the oppositions clothes or items and such. But does Craig himself have the contract with Omega or was it just product placement?

On a side note, some time back it made the rounds at the gossip sites when tv cook Rachel Ray, supposedly refused to drink the Dunkin' Donuts' coffee provided on set of the DD Coffee commercial she was doing and had them get her coffee from elsewhere. She didn't get sued even though she had publicly slammed the coffee she was supposed to be selling, and had another brand brought in for her to drink. So again I doubt Omega would sue Craig because he doesn't like the watch.

#11 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

Dell! Where are you????

Don't think Dell wants to touch this touchy subject. :(

#12 Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:55 PM

A watch is a watch. Honestly I'd be the happiest man in the world if I was given James Bond's watch. It has a laser cutter, rappel hook, a explosive detonator, all the stuff a man needs.
Anyway, I guess it doesnt come with that in real life >:(
BTW, that link's in Spanish!

Posted Image
"Aye! Aye! Aye! The Englisho!!!!!!!!"

Edited by Ultraussie (Jordan.adams), 02 January 2009 - 09:57 PM.

#13 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

A watch is a watch. Honestly I'd be the happiest man in the world if I was given James Bond's watch. It has a laser cutter, rappel hook, a explosive detonator, all the stuff a man needs.
Anyway, I guess it doesnt come with that in real life >:(

Posted Image

Yes it is, which is why I translated the small information it has on my first post.

#14 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:06 PM

Posted Image

Yep. According to some recent scientific investigations, it appears that the major part of the world's population doesn't speak English. Yikes! The Barbarians!! :) Some scientists even suggest that native English speakers should try and learn some of those foreign languages... and our hard-earned tax money finances those boffins! :( ;)

But I'm with ImTheMoneyPenny on this: if it were true, there would be more talk (= gossip :)) about that.

#15 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

This reminds me of way back when Britney Spears was a spokesperson for Pepsi, and she was caught drinking a Coke in public, and Pepsi had a :(-fit over it.

#16 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:28 PM

Let's hope he doesn't make a crack about Aston Martin. :(

#17 Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

Posted Image

Yep. According to some recent scientific investigations, it appears that the major part of the world's population doesn't speak English. Yikes! The Barbarians!! ;) Some scientists even suggest that native English speakers should try and learn some of those foreign languages... and our hard-earned tax money finances those boffins! :( :D

But I'm with ImTheMoneyPenny on this: if it were true, there would be more talk (= gossip :)) about that.

And it sucks that its spanish. Why cant it be cool launguages like Japanese, Canadian, and Hawian? :)

I guess I must learn spanish, or russian, which is quite common too.

#18 Sriram619

Sriram619

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

What exactley did craig say i cant read the link it does not open up ?

#19 dgibby

dgibby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

When Daniel Craig was on BBC Jonathan Ross chatshow a few months ago (terrible interview) he stated that in his spare time he "collects watches" - Ross then pestered Craig to give over his watch (personal buy) for CHildren in Need which he did. If I remember right the watch was an Omega that he had bought himself (not given to him). He must like them then!

#20 Sriram619

Sriram619

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:32 PM

What did craig say about omega though originally ? i could not read the interview due to it being in spanish or something

#21 Emma

Emma

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

When Daniel Craig was on BBC Jonathan Ross chatshow a few months ago (terrible interview) he stated that in his spare time he "collects watches" - Ross then pestered Craig to give over his watch (personal buy) for CHildren in Need which he did. If I remember right the watch was an Omega that he had bought himself (not given to him). He must like them then!

He could be wearing the Omega for promotional reasons. But I have a magaazine with Craig on the cover (Way before QOS came out) and he's wearing the Omega Seamaster. I would not be surprised if this story is mischief making on someone's behalf.

I have a Replica Omega of the one Craig wears. And it's tough and sturdy as an horse. Though I must emphasize it's a replica.

#22 Sriram619

Sriram619

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

can u upload a picture of the magazine with craig wearing the seamaster ?

#23 dgibby

dgibby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

Did a quick google check on this
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123
£22,000+ - Ouch! Wonder who the winning bidder was?