8 replies to this topic

#1 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:34 AM

Hey, what's with the sound redubbing on OHMSS on the currant DVD release. Gun shots have been replaced with horrible substitutes and a tagged on line saying" a slight stiffnes coming on" ("in my shoulder" has been added). What gives? What I'd really like to say can't be posted.

#2 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:41 PM

Hey, what's with the sound redubbing on OHMSS on the currant DVD release. Gun shots have been replaced with horrible substitutes and a tagged on line saying" a slight stiffnes coming on" ("in my shoulder" has been added). What gives? What I'd really like to say can't be posted.

If you are referring to the remixes 5.1 track then the gunshots are new effects because the old ones were unusable for a 5.1 track and this happens sometimes when a mono soundtrack gets remixed to 5.1 but since the DVD contains the original mono why does this matter. As for the new line of dialog, it's not new since my special edition DVD has this line in it and since they used the original negative for the new DVD then the director wanted it in the movie.

#3 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:52 PM

You may or may not know the region one releases contain the original mono soundtrack, if like me you don't like the changes and prefer the original sound

#4 MarkA

MarkA

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:29 PM

Good news is the Blu-ray discs have reinstated the old sound effects. All the gun shots etc they replaced from Thunderball have been removed. So hopefully they will do the same with OHMSS when it is released on Blu-ray.

#5 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:17 PM

Good news is the Blu-ray discs have reinstated the old sound effects. All the gun shots etc they replaced from Thunderball have been removed. So hopefully they will do the same with OHMSS when it is released on Blu-ray.

On the DTS-HD track?

#6 MarkA

MarkA

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

On the DTS-HD track?

Yes, amazingly so. So it seems they took the criticism on board.

#7 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:42 PM

On the DTS-HD track?

That's good news to hear.

#8 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:19 PM

On the DTS-HD track?

Thats a shame they did not release a new DVD version with this track since I have not gone to Blu-ray yet so I agree with you MarkA that OHMSS Blu-ray should have the original sound effects on the DTS-HD track and the GE blu-ray may be uncropped.

#9 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

The current round of Blu-rays do seem to have fixed the sins of the past so to speak. :( The 5.1 remixed soundtracks of older movies are always a mixed bag. As long as they include the original soundtrack, I'm fine with the remixes.