26 replies to this topic

#1 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

Having been wrongly deprived of the opportunity to participate in DTBB3, I am more than a little keen to ensure that I do not suffer a repeat occurrence, and I practically feel as if I'm suffering from withdrawal. By rights, DTBB3 should have been my third time in an unbroken row, so now I find myself fairly chomping at the bit, so to speak.

Obviously, I'm taking steps to try to prevent a repeat of the revocation of my pre-approved holiday time once again, and I reserve the right to call for tactical support from Bryce and company.

I find myself wondering if Bryce has given any thought to whether 2009's event will be earlier or later in the Summer.
  • DTBB1 was in August
  • DTBB2 was in July
  • DTBB3 was in August once again.

#2 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:32 PM

Dr. Warmflash, Felix and myself have already been discussing such matters.

Odds are (but not locked or certain at this time) that it will fall in the mid-July to mid-August frame. It'll be hot...Almost as hot as the ladies.

Hydrate-hydrate-hydrate....DTBB style - i.e. air conditioned dark cocktail lounges late at night or in the hospitality suite watching the sun come up.

Hey, it's worked before.

The other matter we've had to address is the now growing "after action debrief" poolside once the event has "officially" ended on Sunday. Beers, burgers, bikini clad Bond girls and "shop talk" for any of those able to stay until Monday.

We'll keep you posted.

I'm planning a post-holidays re-con to our next locale in Sin City.

We have been debating on a set home-base hotel though.

Until then -

DARE TO BE BOND 4:
MIDAS TOUCH

SUMMER - 2009

No...

Really.

#3 Kilroy6644

Kilroy6644

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:16 PM

I eagerly await more details. This has come up in discussion with a certain lady, and she would really like to attend. I think if I *gasp* don't buy any new guns this spring, I might be able to save enough money to attend this year. I probably won't have much fun while I'm there, since I'll have spent all my money getting there, but I'll be there. Presuming, of course, that this lady is able to attend.

#4 SpyGal006

SpyGal006

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:27 AM

Can you give a brief run down of what to expect from the previous DTBB events?

Arrival & departure dates?

Rendezvous point (hotel)?

What day is the official Black Tie Affair?

Any costs associated (other than flight/hotel/food)?

Requirements pre-trip?

Thanks! I'm starting to catch the buzz of the DTBB events previous and am getting really excited. Just had some questions about the previous events.

#5 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:42 AM

Can you give a brief run down of what to expect from the previous DTBB events?

Arrival & departure dates?

Rendezvous point (hotel)?

What day is the official Black Tie Affair?

Any costs associated (other than flight/hotel/food)?

Requirements pre-trip?

Thanks! I'm starting to catch the buzz of the DTBB events previous and am getting really excited. Just had some questions about the previous events.

Section 26 paragraph 5, need to know basis only.

The main things to know are that you are responsible for airfare, hotel (the DTBB crew usually arrange good rates for us) and event fee. There will be a few other expenses like occasional lunch or breakfast on your own, but many meals and activities are included in your registration fees. One thing for sure, you would not be able to do everything that Bryce and Pah Bell arrange on your own for the same money you will pay for registration. I have attended the last 2 DTBB events and it was worth every penny. I eagerly await the dates to be announced.

#6 SpyGal006

SpyGal006

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:24 AM

I've heard so many good things about the DTBB event and it just gets me more excited. :(

What's the typical cost of registration?

#7 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:12 AM

I've heard so many good things about the DTBB event and it just gets me more excited. :(

What's the typical cost of registration?

Last year was about $550.00 and the year before that I think was about $400.00. Next year will probably be even more, but keep in mind it includes some meals,drinks, transportation, and events. Well worth every Moneypenny.

#8 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:20 AM

Ah yes, as the New Year looms, the crew has been in discussion.

"Axworthy's 13" is getting in gear.

Also, please know that we are all open to notions, ideas, requests.

Feel free to notify any of us with a thought or something you would like. Either in this thread or via a PM. A few past attendees have already.

A few details that are to be noted:

It will be a bit more pricey. Nature of the beast as time marches on.

We will be celebrating "Goldfinger".

There have certainly been some "bumps in the road" on a few fronts, but the learning curve have taught us how to deal with such matters.

After this year, we are planning on locking in a "home base" / HQ for these events when in Vegas.

We are considering another locale down the road.

The site will be updated and notification announced in due time.

Damn if we are not enjoying the Hell out of it though. :)

Martinis, girls, guns and Bond fans in Vegas....

What could possibly....

Never mind. :(

Attached Files

#9 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

Mmmmm, martinis, guns, and girls. My favorites :(

The Bond fans are pretty good as well:
Posted Image

#10 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:57 PM

ahhhhhh,memories!

#11 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:00 AM

Ah, Jenny!

#12 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

Attached File  Double_0_7_with_7_Double_0_s.jpg   90.34KB   40 downloads
"Behave yourself, Mr. Bond!"

I hope I can make it again this year.

#13 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

Hey, I remember that picture! Double-0-7 wasn't sure if he wanted to put his $1 margarita down to pose for it. :(

#14 just another 00

just another 00

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:16 AM

Hey, I remember that picture! Double-0-7 wasn't sure if he wanted to put his $1 margarita down to pose for it. :(

You remember? Felix, we gotta work on that whole memory thing. Seems Vegas is losing it's touch......

#15 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:19 AM

You remember? Felix, we gotta work on that whole memory thing. Seems Vegas is losing it's touch......

The photo triggered all kinds of flashbacks. :)

#16 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:21 AM

Haven't picked up any intel on DTBB4 lately. I certainly hope this democratic economy hasn't adversely affected it!

#17 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:40 AM

Yes I'd like to know the dates!

#18 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:24 AM

Haven't picked up any intel on DTBB4 lately. I certainly hope this economy hasn't adversely affected it!

Money is getting tight. If I don't close a deal, the only way I'll be in Vegas this summer is if I'm on the Blvd selling my :(.

#19 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:53 AM

Haven't picked up any intel on DTBB4 lately. I certainly hope this economy hasn't adversely affected it!

Money is getting tight. If I don't close a deal, the only way I'll be in Vegas this summer is if I'm on the Blvd selling my :(.

What do you do for $5? :)

#20 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

Well you did earn a dollar by bellydancing last year :)

#21 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

Well you did earn a dollar by bellydancing last year :)

Worst gamble of the week!

#22 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:24 AM

Hehe. :(

#23 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:20 AM

I know this is a tremendous amount of work to put together, and I don't want to make a nuisance of myself by any means. I just want to add a small modicum of encouragement for Bryce and his team, that I am truly very much looking forward to DTBB 4.

#24 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

Cough July Cough

#25 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:06 AM

Very much looking forward to this year. Indeed, I've enjoyed it so much that I'm trying to persuade my mother, sister, niece, and wife to attend one of the thematically similar events being put on by the Stiletto Spy School.

Our own Bryce has been incredibly gracious to us in not pummelling our wallets to that level (for which I am very grateful though utterly baffled on how he does it); but in this case, I thought that my mother, sister, niece, and wife might appreciate something that's a little more than a "recertification" to bring their skills up.

Bryce, lest you be inclined to think we take your extraordinary efforts for granted, please let me say rather publicly that I am very grateful for all your hard work and look forward to daring once again!!!

#26 North Scorpion

North Scorpion

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:53 AM

Wow, that Stiletto Spy School sure strikes a similar tone (for the ladies, exclusively), doesn't it, darkpath? It looked good until I saw the "damage": $3,650 for the weekend!? Compared to DTBB, that's a king's ransom! It pays to know the right people in spy-fandom, methinks...

Given the economic situation that a lot of people (and the city of LV!) find themselves in, I hope DTBB can continue. They need us more than ever! Let's hope that everything works out and Bryce indeed posseses that "Midas Touch".

Hopefully I'll get to meet you, darkpath, in person (instead of over a mobile at last year's brunch) and reunite with all the great people I met last year.

#27 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Ok, in the interest of putting a positive spin on the recent announcement, I shall look forward to DTBB4 in 2010.