This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

For Those That Didn't Like QoS, come in!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
887 replies to this topic

#871 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

My personal opnion? This thread is no longer contributing anything worthwile to the board. Were I mod (and I was once, a long time ago on another board). I would probably lock the heck out of it.

But that's just me B)

#872 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

My personal opnion? This thread is no longer contributing anything worthwile to the board. Were I mod (and I was once, a long time ago on another board). I would probably lock the heck out of it.

But that's just me B)

It's not just you.

But then it's not just me.

It stays open as long as it remains on whatever sterile rubbishy topic of futile nonsense hatred it ever pretended to be.

#873 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

For the love of mercy, Jim, lock it, or we'll lose our souls from all the vitriol.

I'm saying this seriously: Lock it.

#874 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

Ahhhhh Jim. It's nice to see you're back to normal. All is right with the world.

#875 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

For the love of mercy, Jim, lock it, or we'll lose our souls from all the vitriol.

I'm saying this seriously: Lock it.

You can tell he's serious...he's not using a smiley.

Just kidding mate B)

#876 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:12 PM

But that's just me B)

It's not just you.

But then it's not just me.

It stays open as long as it remains on whatever sterile rubbishy topic of futile nonsense hatred it ever pretended to be.

May I echo Santa? I feel all warm and fuzzy inside to have you toying with us again like a bored tom cat playing with a half dead mouse. Or maybe I'm feeling like that because I'm watching The Aaprentice and it's great to see all that self-belief collapsing in front of the cameras yet again...

#877 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

You can tell he's serious...he's not using a smiley.

That my trademark, Jimmy? B)

Regardless, it seems there's only one way to stop this nonsensical bickering: Lock the thread.

#878 Mr. Arlington Beech

Mr. Arlington Beech

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:32 PM

Why lock it??

If you're going to lock this, you should have locked the thread with QOS's Box Office Details, because in that one HildebrandRarity used a similar kind of epithets against his detractors.

Many of us have sustained heated dicussons in these threads, especially regarding QOS, but I think that the only person who have recurred to personal attacks- even if they aren't focused on one specific poster, but against anyone who disagree with his opinion- is HildebrandRarity.

#879 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:37 PM

I agree. Just lock it. Quantum of Solace has divided us enough on here, now some of us have lowered ourselves to personal attacking. Are we any better than CNB'ers? In this case I highly doubt it.

#880 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:37 PM

B)

#881 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:39 PM

B)

Is this what you wanted, HildebrandRarity? I've been in your corner, but if you wanted this all to happen...

#882 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:42 PM

Oh and there we have it! Everyone cast their eyes on this jester! The Great Hildebrand Rarity who is obviously revelling in creating havoc on what was once was a happy and positive message board.

#883 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

Oh and there we have it! Everyone cast their eyes on this jester! The Great Hildebrand Rarity who is obviously revelling in creating havoc on what was once was a happy and positive message board.

This thread was negative long before Hildy showed up in it. If anything I blame this thread for causing havoc on this board and not Hildy, who was merely responding to all the negativity.

#884 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

B)

Is this what you wanted, HildebrandRarity? I've been in your corner, but if you wanted this all to happen...

Sensualist likes to provoke.

If I shut this, what happens? CBn gets/continues the impression that it suppresses any anti-Mr Craig/Mr Craig's tenure commentary, when actually it's only anti-cretin.

To get thrice banned is some sort of achievement for Mr Tanveer, admittedly.

#885 Mr. Arlington Beech

Mr. Arlington Beech

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:45 PM

Many of us have sustained heated dicussons in these threads, especially regarding QOS, but I think that the only person who have recurred to personal attacks- even if they aren't focused on one specific poster, but against anyone who disagree with his opinion- is HildebrandRarity.

You're forgetting Richard's attacks on Zorin, as have been documented earlier in this thread. Don't pretend Hildy's been the only one...

Well, perhaps you're right about that. But let's not say that many of us have descended on personal attacks, because that's far from the reality. Personally, I have had heated but civilized discussions with all of the posters, except for HildebrandRarity, and I don't think that I'm alone on this.

#886 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

With all due respect, the post he just made containing a mere 'B)' obviously isn't helping the situation.

#887 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:49 PM

At one point, there was some civilized discussion happening in here.

#888 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:50 PM

You're forgetting Richard's attacks on Zorin, as have been documented earlier in this thread. Don't pretend Hildy's been the only one...

Well, perhaps you're right about that. But let's not say that many of us have descended on personal attacks, because that's far from the reality. Personally, I have had heated but civilized discussions with all of the posters, except for HildebrandRarity, and I don't think that I'm alone on this.

When more attention is being paid to the messengers than the message, something has gone very wrong.

This thread is closed. That doesn't mean that any critical threads cannot restart but some persons appear too thick to appreciate that one may criticise without abusing. Quantum of Solace is imperfect. We need not expose our own imperfections in so observing.