11 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:07 PM

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what clothes they want Bond to sport in Bond 23. Post images etc.

It would be really nice for him to wear a long black coat, similar to the one in Quantum of Solace, complete with a scarf, if he were in a cold location. I would actually imagine Craig's Bond wearing that, whilst walking through the snow with his hands in his pockets, looking all moody.

I have no idea about suits, I've leave that to the professionals. :(

#2 Eurospy

Eurospy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

I also think that the long black coat is quite fit for Craig's Bond.

It looks classy and cool, instead of making the character simply look cool in a Matrix, Blade, etc. kind of way. Reminds me of that Cold War Era non-Bond ficitonal espionage.

A minor detail, but Edward Woodward did take his time picking the right coat to wear in "Callan".

#3 plankattack

plankattack

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1385 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:55 PM

At some point he needs to wear a dark blue or black silk knitted tie. All the other Bonds have donned one at some point, and if Dan the man is truly going to get close to Fleming's Bond, then it's a must!

In terms of what he has worn, I think his wardrobe has been terrific thus far. The Tom Ford suits have a lovely cut - which I think fits his squattier physique. Brozza almost looked too good, but he really is the perfect build to model the clothes. The casual clothing has been spot on. Whether it remains timeless is another entirely. I'm sure at some point in the 70s, somebody thought the safari suit would be an essential for the ages.....

#4 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:04 AM

I'm waiting for a female fan to say "nothing"

#5 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:44 AM

I'd like to see him go without a tux for the next one (which really has been done to death as of late), some nice suits from Tom Ford and a couple of nice long sleeve shirts like the one he sports in Venice.

I'd also like to see cigarettes with three gold bands....but that's not going to happen.

#6 Cilogy

Cilogy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:51 AM

I think he looks really good in blue, black and gray.

The shirt and pants on him in this pic look good:

Posted Image

#7 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:52 AM

I also think that the long black coat is quite fit for Craig's Bond.

It looks classy and cool, instead of making the character simply look cool in a Matrix, Blade, etc. kind of way. Reminds me of that Cold War Era non-Bond ficitonal espionage.

I agree, I loved that coat he wore in the final moments of QoS. I'd like to see that style of clothing for Bond 23.

#8 Joey Bond

Joey Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:37 AM

Kilt anyone?

#9 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:51 AM

I think he looks really good in blue, black and gray.

The shirt and pants on him in this pic look good:

Posted Image

Yeah, he looks brilliant in that. Come to think of it, I'd like him to have a beard similar to the one he sports in that picture! :(

#10 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:10 PM

I'd love to see him in a three-piece, double-cut grey suit, with a black tie and white hard-collar shirt! Masterpiece!

#11 Dell Deaton

Dell Deaton

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:01 PM

A shower and a suit.

W/out getting into a "I miss the good old days" bent, it does seem to me there needs to be a course correction in terms of how much screen time we're given w/ the current James Bond both filthy and dressed down.

The other day I was watching Tomorrow Never Dies w/ my son, and I remember thinking at the time how much I preferred the fight scenes in that to some of the para-military stuff they seemed to feel was necessary for GoldenEye. Same actor in both; so this isn't specific to Pierce Brosnan as Bond. But it just seemed more consistent to me w/ what I've read of Ian Fleming's image for 007 and what I've actually read in his books.

Not that James Bond can "never" depart from the suit. But, rather, that a part of the icon is a field operative who presents himself a certain way, and then performs from that basis.

#12 honeyjes

honeyjes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:12 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I think DC has been described as having the perfect body to dress, if the above is any indication he will still be looking pretty damn sharp be it in casual or formal wear in Bond 23.