#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

'Bond'-ing with George Lazenby

As 007 Fever Reaches 'Quantum' Levels, We Catch Up With the 'Her Majesty's' Star

Agent 007 fans will forever argue over which James Bond rules. Some defend the original, Sean Connery. Another camp prefers the campier Roger Moore. Pierce Brosnan may be the best-looking Bond; Timothy Daltry, the most underrated. Others root for the latest licensed-to-kill lothario, 'blond Bond' Daniel Craig, whose second blockbuster, 'Quantum of Solace,''grossed $70.4 million on November 14''the biggest Bond opening ever.

Of all the films, this writer prefers the Alpine-themed thriller in which Bond gets married and tussles Telly Savalas' Blofeld. Love it or hate it, Peter Hunt's 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' is the least formulaic Bond escapade, and the 1969 film's star was Lazenby. George Lazenby.

Last week, as 'Quantum' topped the box office, the Palisadian-Post talked about Bond and beyond with Lazenby at the Australian actor's Brentwood residence.

The former male model played the British super-spy only once, with the unenviable task of following Connery after a five-movie run. But before discussing Bond, Lazenby, lethally good-looking at 69, evokes another pair of icons...

Read more...

http://commanderbond...n...&item=51962 - Palisadian-Post

#2 BoogieBond

BoogieBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for that, some interesting bits :(

Nice to know another former Bond approves of Craig :)

So what does Bond No. 2 think of 007's new direction?

'I was quite impressed with Dan Craig's acting,' says Lazenby. 'He didn't look like a Bond. I saw him in the movie and he convinced me.'

#3 Christopher006

Christopher006

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:01 AM

Thanks for posting that article. It is interesting. I didn't know Lazenby knew Hendricks. I am not completely sure how Jimmy could have helped Lazenby's career. Jimmy could have introduced Lazenby to people who may have been able to get him roles.

Edited by Christopher006, 17 December 2008 - 05:02 AM.

#4 dogmanstar

dogmanstar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

Wow! I never knew that he bluffed his way into the part! That's hysterical!

#5 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

Didn't they mention on the DVD documentary that he distracted the receptionist and ran up the stairs to the EON offices?

#6 dogmanstar

dogmanstar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:37 PM

Didn't they mention on the DVD documentary that he distracted the receptionist and ran up the stairs to the EON offices?

I'll have to go back and check it out!