#31 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:28 PM

I’m for no car in [b23].

The Ford/Aston contract is over, and given Aston’s split and the current crisis with the American auto industry, I doubt it’ll be renewed. Heck, Buick has now even dropped Tiger Woods to save money.

I’d be okay with Bentley, but that might mean all the other cars will be Volkswagens.

#32 Sir James Moloney

Sir James Moloney

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:37 PM

What did Bond do with the DB5? Is it in the Bahamas? Is it in London? Is it parked outside his appartment just for a "cameo"? Yep, that´s what I´d like to see, the DB5 parked outside Bond´s door :(

Edited by Sir James Moloney, 25 November 2008 - 03:38 PM.

#33 dgibby

dgibby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:23 PM

What did Bond do with the DB5? Is it in the Bahamas? Is it in London? Is it parked outside his appartment just for a "cameo"? Yep, that´s what I´d like to see, the DB5 parked outside Bond´s door :(

Same here - I'd like to see in Bond 23 a glimpse of his everyday UK life with the good old right hand drive DB5 we saw in CR. I was a tad dissapointed to see that the DBS in QoS was left hand drive. Fully understand that he was overseas in Italy driving it but would like to think it was still a UK car with UK reg - hmm - didn't notice the reg plates. What were they? Italian? Must go and watch it again ! :)

#34 Bradley De La Cloche

Bradley De La Cloche

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

I've just checked some photos from the Lake Garda shoot, and the DBS has Italian numberplates.

#35 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:41 AM

I’m for no car in [b23].

The Ford/Aston contract is over, and given Aston’s split and the current crisis with the American auto industry, I doubt it’ll be renewed. Heck, Buick has now even dropped Tiger Woods to save money.

I’d be okay with Bentley, but that might mean all the other cars will be Volkswagens.

Good call, Mr. *. I agree.

#36 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:45 AM

Bond doesn't need a car, he should just use a bloody jet pack.

On a more serious note, the Aston Martin isn't going anywhere. This time, I'd like to see Bond driving with skill, the more traditional way, without ruining the damn vehicle to the point where one has to fight back tears.

Amen, and again I say, Amen. Give us an Aston, please. If you want to stay both British and global how about a Vauxhall? The Astra model is sold all over the world by GM but will be recognizable to Brit audiences as a Vauxhall. I understand it's a good car too so Bond won't look foolish using it for an undercover stake out.

#37 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:46 AM

I'd like to see Bond in a old Volkswagen Karman Ghia:

Posted Image

#38 joshkhenderson

joshkhenderson

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:20 AM

Audi R8, soon to be in a V-10. Very modern looking, but still attractive. Very fast and practical, too. The everyday supercar.

Never a Porsche!!

#39 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:51 PM

I want Bond to stay in a British car.
I love the new look Bentleys, but I don't agree that all other cars would be Volkswagen models: as josh says, Audi is also part of VW, and so are Lamborghini and Bugatti, so the other cars could really pack some power there.

#40 Quincy

Quincy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

Please, just keep the Aston Martin.

Every actor is associated with a car.

Connery- Aston Martin DB5
Moore- Lotus Espirit
Brosnan- BMW
Craig- Aston Martin DBS

#41 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:45 PM

Moore- Lotus Espirit
Brosnan- BMW
Craig- Aston Martin DBS

yes but they did not drive them in every movie. If he is going to have a fancy car, yes let it be an Aston (or a Jaguar would be cool as it was Bond's other option from the motorpool from GF). However we have had a car scene in the last 6 Bond movies and I think it is time for a break.

#42 dogtherock

dogtherock

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 02:42 AM

Aston Martin DB5

#43 joshkhenderson

joshkhenderson

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:55 AM

Moore- Lotus Espirit
Brosnan- BMW
Craig- Aston Martin DBS

yes but they did not drive them in every movie. If he is going to have a fancy car, yes let it be an Aston (or a Jaguar would be cool as it was Bond's other option from the motorpool from GF). However we have had a car scene in the last 6 Bond movies and I think it is time for a break.

I actually agree. He's ruined a lot of DBS's in a row. Have him steal a car/truck/tank next time (like some of the best chases in the series - Octopussy, LTK, Goldeneye).

If it's going to be anything else, like if it has to change, go with the Audi R8, I still think.