Yikes. That's awful. Sorry to hear about that, Santa. :(

#92 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:57 PM

On the plus side, my DVD man delivered today The Dark Knight and series 4 of Dallas. I still have my cinema sweets so I'll be up late this evening commiserating with myself. But it won't be the same.

#93 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:58 PM

How awful. Poor Santa :(

Hang on - they're doing DVD sets - of Dallas???

What's next? Corrie? Flying Doctors??

Edited by Ravenstone, 21 November 2008 - 08:59 PM.

#94 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

Oh yes. Been doing them for ages. Dynasty too.

#95 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

Sorry Santa! :) I hope they get it fixed soon for you!! There was a couple times early in the movie, the colour blipped in purple the first time I saw QOS, thank goodness it didn't do that again though. At least you have sweets and Dallas! I feel so old I watched that when they didn't know who shot JR, and now I can't remember who actually did it! :( Ah how the mind goes. Watched Dynasty too.

And here's a show I loved no one ever talks about Finder of Lost Loves. . . Well, I've had too many Agent Strawberry Fields Daiquiris tend I ramble when I'm like this. . . Anyway hang in there Santa!! :)

#96 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:19 PM

Dynasty .... Michael Praed in the shower......mmmmmmm

Excuse me, I'll be in the corner with my Laphroaig and wearing a far away expression.

#97 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:41 PM

Dynasty .... Michael Praed in the shower......mmmmmmm

Excuse me, I'll be in the corner with my Laphroaig and wearing a far away expression.

Oh, great; now you've put the image of Patrick Duffy in the shower in my head for the rest of the night... :(

#98 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:57 PM

No, no, no...not Patric Duffy! *reaches for brain bleach*

Prince Michael of Moldavia. He definitely had a shower scene. I had pictures of it up on my wall (no, I'm not embarrassed about that in the slightest!) :(

#99 plankattack

plankattack

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1385 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

I don't have anything to say. I just wanted to get a drink and relax in the corner. Every other thread I go to has devolved into personal attack. (maybe it's me).

Will drop by Dodge's place later. It's civilised too. Unfortunately civility seems out the window at the moment (at least at the "Other directors" thread)

Barman. Yes, whatever everyone else is having, and their next is on me.

Edited by plankattack, 21 November 2008 - 10:03 PM.

#100 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:11 PM

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Mine's a Laphroaig

#101 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

No, no, no...not Patric Duffy! *reaches for brain bleach*

Prince Michael of Moldavia. He definitely had a shower scene. I had pictures of it up on my wall (no, I'm not embarrassed about that in the slightest!) :(

I'd like to state for the record that I don't have any Dynasty DVDs, I just know they're available. I only have Dallas. Michael Praed never did it for me, but Dex Dexter was rather masculine, in a good way.

#102 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

Santa - I hate to break it to you, but Dallas isn't any better, street-cred-wise, than Dynasty :(

I don't have any Dynasty DVDs either. But I do have Robin of Sherwood both series (well, both the series that matter I don't have no truck with the Jason Connery one) :)

#103 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:48 PM

Santa - I hate to break it to you, but Dallas isn't any better, street-cred-wise, than Dynasty :(

Street-cred-wise no, but it's far more intellectual. :)

#104 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:52 PM

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the matter :(

#105 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:08 PM

There is no solace for me tonight. None. Went to go and see QoS, stocked up on sweeties and ice-cream. The audio on the English version was buggered - we saw the PTS and halfway through the titles and then it failed and refused to come back to life. So I ran into screen 6 for the Spanish dubbed version, but by the end of the Mr White section I was fed up with seeing their lips move at a different time to the words. I HATE dubbed films with a passion. So I ran out, nearly in tears with disappointment. It was like when you have a huge crush on someone for about 2 years, and then when he finally kisses you, he has a tongue like my dog. I explained this to the cinema staff and they just looked at me as if I were a bit mental. They reckon they'll have a good copy in a few days. There are no words.

Pardon my childlike innocence, you W(ild) O(lder) W(oman), but...Would it be like a dog's tongue because it's pink, thick and disgusting or...because it's been deeply where tongues shouldn't go?

#106 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:14 PM

There is no solace for me tonight. None. Went to go and see QoS, stocked up on sweeties and ice-cream. The audio on the English version was buggered - we saw the PTS and halfway through the titles and then it failed and refused to come back to life. So I ran into screen 6 for the Spanish dubbed version, but by the end of the Mr White section I was fed up with seeing their lips move at a different time to the words. I HATE dubbed films with a passion. So I ran out, nearly in tears with disappointment. It was like when you have a huge crush on someone for about 2 years, and then when he finally kisses you, he has a tongue like my dog. I explained this to the cinema staff and they just looked at me as if I were a bit mental. They reckon they'll have a good copy in a few days. There are no words.

Pardon my childlike innocence, you W(ild) O(lder) W(oman), but...Would it be like a dog's tongue because it's pink, thick and disgusting or...because it's been deeply where tongues shouldn't go?

Sometimes it's both. And I'm not older.

#107 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:19 PM

Sometimes it's both. And I'm not older.

You said you were 93. You mean I've had my hopes up for nothing? :(

Anyway, I'm sorry about your viewing tragedy. May the spirit of this thread make the viewing worth your while.

#108 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:50 PM

I'm banging the Bond theme out on the lounge door, Zorin. Let me in! It's getting brutal out there. :(

#109 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:14 PM

Is there an age problem? I'm asking, because I'm not an adult.
If there isn't, please count me in!

#110 dogmanstar

dogmanstar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 446 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 04:03 PM

Is there an age problem? I'm asking, because I'm not an adult.
If there isn't, please count me in!

I am an adult, but don't act like it much of the time!
If that's okay, count me in as well.

#111 draxingtonstanley

draxingtonstanley

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

Hmm it's quiet in here tonight. Miss Flex! How delightful to see you. What do you say to taking a walk in the orchard?

You would? Splendid!

#112 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

Blows the dust off a bottle of Laphroaigh. Locates clean tumbler behind the bar. Perches on bar stool and proceeds to work way through the whisky

I say, I wonder if the karaoke machine is still switched on?

#113 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:13 AM

I guess this is the place to have an nice dry martini and watch Quantum of Solace in peace from trolls and goblins.

#114 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

Make mine a Babycham...

#115 Automan

Automan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

I've been on the Blackthorn

#116 Publius

Publius

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3225 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

I guess this is the place to have an nice dry martini and watch Quantum of Solace in peace from trolls and goblins.

They're still at it? And here I was hoping the hyperbolic, teabagger arguments would have died down by now.

#117 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

The peace, the blissful peace!

#118 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

Let the naysayers find another way to die

#119 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

Ooops, I think I've ruined that DVD of Die Another Day I was using as a coaster. Well, I guess non-one here will mind.

#120 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

Well, you would expect someone with connections in 10 Downing Street to be a member of an exclusive club. I'm busy at the moment hedging my bets on which Prime Minister I will be advising next (the voters aren't making this easy by suggesting a messy three way contest on 6th May).

But, while I do like argument, I don't like making it personal. Sign me up, anyway!

GH.