Bond 23 location search: my suggestion

30 replies to this topic

#31 The*SPY*

The*SPY*

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:13 AM

I have always thought that Chicago, Singapore and Sydney would all make excellent locales. They all have excellent attributes in their own rights, but what is the common thread? Each are cities that have commodity or futures exchanges. Obviously Chicago is the financial futures capital and Singapore home to the Singapore International Monetary Exchange. London also has LIFE (London International Monetary Exchange). In 1987 I submitted an idea to EON and received a nice letter from their attorneys that they do not accept unsolicited material. The idea was a commodity trader and energy expert teaming up to threaten oil fields with a bioremediation organism (essentially an oil eating parasite)and using the futures exchanges to position themselves for great monetary gain. Obnviously this idea was somewhat used two years ago with the LeChiffre airline stock scheme. Anyhow...Chicago, Singapore and Sydney would still make great locales.

Are you a writer and did you you do anything else with your idea?

Yes Chicago is an incredible looking city - ideal for the business front of an evil organisation. It also has a lot of waterways. I remember seeing two skyscrapers with apartments that had the owners' boats below the car parking at the bottom of the buildings. Also the Sydney Opera House roofline and Bond - there is action waiting to happen.

No I am not a writer, but I did work in the futures business in Chicago and Singapore, and put together what I thought was a pretty decent storyline (no real dialogue other than a few ideas). As I said, I sent a synopsis to EON and received a letter from their attorneys. That was 1987, since then several ideas have either shown up in Bond movies or other action movies, either identically or in concept. Looking back now, I also had some rather hokey ideas that I would change.