I expect a "Quantum" of reactions...

1 reply to this topic

#1 b0o0n7d

b0o0n7d

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:00 AM

For all the hype QOS has received up to the release, I can say the movie failed to meet expectations. It reminds of the "Bourne" movies - first one was awesome - second was "space-filling" material - and if it goes according to plan, the third should answer all of our questions. At this point, I say it is inconsiderate to rate this movie without Bond 23 to finish off the story. It is impossible to rate this movie in bond history without seeing the outcome...
I will say that Marc Foster did an excellent job giving us another view of Bond. He explored characteristics that were new to the big screen. Olga was absolutely stunning - reminded me of Halle Berry (Jinx) with her vendetta against Greene. I must say that I never saw and aerial fight like that - much better than the CGI crap of Die Another Day. Honestly, I don't know what to think of Felix Leiter at this point. I believe we have found today's SPECTRE in the Quantum group - this should make for an exciting climax in Bond 23. I give QOS a 5/10 until I see the way the story plays out....

#2 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:05 AM

You should judge the film on it's own merits. Especially since Bond 23 is (supposedly) a stand alone adventure.