No replies to this topic

#1 JADSTERSDAD

JADSTERSDAD

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:06 AM

I'll keep it short. Enjoyed the film a lot but have some major issues with it. That's fine, though, as we wouldn't want carbon copies. All except some things which should have been different. I'll start with them.

Gunbarrel. No reason why it shouldn't have opened the film (yes, yes.. I know the filmmakers probable reason....still....)

Title sequence. Poor. Should have been left to Danny Kleinman. As I suspected.

Song. Painful. Worst ever, following my viewing of the film. Beats DAD.

Apart from that....

Loved Craig. Mathis. Judi was good, Tanner was ok. Stunts/action superb. Almaric was suitably slimy but didn't have enough to do. His sidekick...a missed opportunity.

The score was great. Thank god the song wasn't at the end as well!

I found the 'linking', quieter bits the most impressive (as you would expect from Forster).

Shame about the extremity of Camille's character. We needed a little more frisson and a 'resolution', if you know what I mean. I hope she doesn't return, somehow, though she was good in this.

Fields and her death were marvellous. Leiter great.

My big, personal, dislike was the style of the editing of the action sequences. Far too Bourne, far too fast.

In short, I bracket this film with Die Another Day, which also had great sequences but was slightly unsatisfying, for me. Except that I think the fights/chases etc. were better done in DAD (purely because of the editing).

That's all, ffolkes!