9 replies to this topic

#1 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:08 PM

Does anyone know why Dominic Greene is wearing a red thread around his wrist, a la Kabbalah followers? Is it something to do with Greene, or Almaric?

It's very noticeable, and I wondered whether it was something that was going to be mentioned, or whether all the Quantum members sport one. Or perhaps it's just a way of making Greene look Right On and With It.

#2 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

Does anyone know why Dominic Greene is wearing a red thread around his wrist, a la Kabbalah followers? Is it something to do with Greene, or Almaric?

It's very noticeable, and I wondered whether it was something that was going to be mentioned, or whether all the Quantum members sport one. Or perhaps it's just a way of making Greene look Right On and With It.

Not sure. Though it has dawned on me - why did the Quantum members (who obviously wanted to be covert at the opera) then sport their "Q" pin badges? (!).

#3 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:13 PM

I'd thought that about the Quantum badges ever since we first saw them in publicity shots. Hardly very subtle for a so-called secret organisation.

#4 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

why did the Quantum members (who obviously wanted to be covert at the opera) then sport their "Q" pin badges? (!).

Just a ballpark figure, how many ppl did you see wearing the pins? and where?
The party? The opera?

#5 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

why did the Quantum members (who obviously wanted to be covert at the opera) then sport their "Q" pin badges? (!).

The party? The opera?

Both the party and opera. Not sure on the number of people, perhaps upwards of 20.

#6 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:21 PM

The party? The opera?

Both the party and opera. Not sure on the number of people, perhaps upwards of 20.

wow!! That's good news indeed. Hopefully they were close-ups :) Hopefully they picked the best looking ppl :( , ...Just kidding

Edited by bondrules, 01 November 2008 - 05:24 PM.

#7 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:36 PM

I only noticed one 'Q', on Greene's jacket at the party.

It's just struck me that Kabbalah can also be spelled with a Q. Quabbalah, or something similar....but surely EON aren't suggesting Quantum are evil Quabbalah followers, are they? :(

Edited by Ravenstone, 01 November 2008 - 05:40 PM.

#8 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

I only noticed one 'Q', on Greene's jacket at the party.

Each of the special gift bags at the opera contained one. Bond emptied the bag he stole into a sink so we could see what was inside. Several people who shook Greene's hand at the party also had the badges.

#9 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

I noticed it was in the bag, but Greene was the only person I noticed wearing one. I missed the others.

I also noticed it was very similar to the Q that appears on Queen albums, without the little crown or crest. :(

Edited by Ravenstone, 01 November 2008 - 05:41 PM.

#10 sorking

sorking

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:55 PM

Frustratingly, I have this dim memory of seeing Almeric speak about this in an interview - something he'd chosen to add, that wouldn't be mentioned but he felt appropriate to the character (possibly in an ironic/hypocritical way, as per his other activities) - and I can't find it anywhere.

My brain may have made it up for a laugh. It's mean like that.