#31 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:35 PM

Just seen it again. WOW!

Everything about it is perfect! I surgest if anyone knows someone from IFP they forward it to them. I think they would look at it and see they are missing a trick!

I dream one day they will do the whole lot in this style B)

#32 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:14 AM

I wish they would make this the cover for a re-print.

#33 Mike00spy

Mike00spy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:30 AM

Very nice, indeed.

COLONEL SUN should get a really excellent re-release one of these days. It deserves it.

Indeed. It's odd that this, the best Bond continuation novel of them all, still remains out of print, especially when you consider all the recent Fleming centenary stuff and the Gardner and Benson reissues.

Gardner reissues?

#34 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:37 AM

Very nice, indeed.

COLONEL SUN should get a really excellent re-release one of these days. It deserves it.

Indeed. It's odd that this, the best Bond continuation novel of them all, still remains out of print, especially when you consider all the recent Fleming centenary stuff and the Gardner and Benson reissues.

Gardner reissues?

Well, Benson reissues, at the very least...

Either way, give old Kingsley his due! Let's start a petition or something, shall we? B)

#35 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:26 AM

I wish they would make this the cover for a re-print.

I concur, but I'm going to be an anal purist about this and say the rest of these covers have got some sort of effect on the front with the same effect falling behind/around the gun on the back. From Russia With Love has dice with Cyrillic letters, Dr No has guanay -- or whatever the birds are called -- The Man With the Golden Gun has ravens, and so on. Anyway it's still a damned good cover. I'm just nitpicky B)

#36 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:23 AM

Very nice, indeed.

Gardner reissues?

Either way, give old Kingley his due! Let's start a petition or something, shall we? B)

Kingsley Amis.

#37 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:05 PM

Very nice, indeed.

Gardner reissues?

Either way, give old Kingley his due! Let's start a petition or something, shall we? :tdown:

Kingsley Amis.

Damn; missed a letter. B)

#38 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

iF ThE Spellng police our out thats me done four. Despise there being a spell cheker on here. B)

#39 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:48 PM

Very nice, indeed.

Gardner reissues?

The first three Gardners were released as a paperback omnibus in 2004.

The last time COLONEL SUN was reissued was, I'm guessing, at some point in the early 1990s.

#40 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

Yep. It was last republished in the UK in 1991 and the US in 1993.

#41 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

They should reprint all the Bond novels. Except Devil May Care. The -80% Fleming book.

#42 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:26 PM

They should reprint all the Bond novels. Except Devil May Care. The -80% Fleming book.

I agree but they should also reprint Devil May Care so that it can match the rest of the reprints because I would imagine they all would get a uniform design.

#43 godwulf

godwulf

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

'Colonel Sun' being one of my favorite Bonds, too, I try to collect as many different covers as possible. Just picked up a copy of the Japanese FE this morning. I'd display a photo of the cover, but can't quite work out how to do that here. (Is it "Insert media"? I try that, and paste in the URL, but the photo doesn't come up when I hit "Preview Post".)

#44 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

I'd love to see a cover done for Christopher Wood's James Bond, the Spy Who Loved Me...

...if they ever reprint it. :(

#45 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

'Colonel Sun' being one of my favorite Bonds, too, I try to collect as many different covers as possible. Just picked up a copy of the Japanese FE this morning. I'd display a photo of the cover, but can't quite work out how to do that here. (Is it "Insert media"? I try that, and paste in the URL, but the photo doesn't come up when I hit "Preview Post".)

Try copying the "image address" and not the URL.

#46 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:50 PM

I love it. Very well done.

#47 perdogg

perdogg

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

<!-- mra -->I did this cover back in 2003, but never put it out on here because the blurb was just greeked type. I came across it again and this time thought I’d share.<!-- mra -->

Posted Image

This is good.