#31 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:45 AM

I think I like the pirate ship better.

Oh, I liked the pirate ship better as well. That was a beautiful cover, hard to top. But I don't think the purpose of this cover was to improve on the original. It's to unify the YB series art in the US with a common look and theme.

#32 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:28 PM

Today I have the Double or Die paperback. Exactly the same art as the hardcover, but still, this is it.

Final artwork for Hurricane Gold should be coming mid month.

#33 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

Have you seen Kev Walker's concept sketch for the Blood Fever US edition, zen? If not, check out The Illustrated 007 website.

#34 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:54 AM

Have you seen Kev Walker's concept sketch for the Blood Fever US edition, zen? If not, check out The Illustrated 007 website.

I saw that. VERY cool.

#35 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

I've seen the larger version of the prototype on your site, zen. I love it, it's a very close second alongside the DoD cover for me. It may even become my favourite.

Out of curiosity, when will we see a BRC cover?

#36 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:12 PM

2010 most likely. Maybe December-ish of 09.

#37 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

2010 most likely. Maybe December-ish of 09.

Yeah, I haven't even asked yet about the BRC cover. I'll wait until after we get the final HG cover. But the HG prototype first showed up in June 08, so we might not have to wait too long.

#38 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:10 AM

I bet you would already know, but The Illustrated 007 has more Young Bond stuff uploaded. The site states that the final HG cover will feature a villain instead of the girl.

#39 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:16 AM

I bet you would already know, but The Illustrated 007 has more Young Bond stuff uploaded. The site states that the final HG cover will feature a villain instead of the girl.

Yep, I've seen it. The info about the HG cover was actually in my stories about the new covers -- all covers will follow the "Bond vs. villain" theme. I actually know exactly which villain it will be on the HG cover, but I want to leave something for a surprise. :(

#40 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

Here we go. The New SilverFin.

(BTW, the image I got from Disney didn't have the title in the red strip for some reason. I added it to make it look finished, but I expect the title will be a little larger on the final version.)

FYI, the cover image on my site is now the finished art with title. As I thought, a little larger.

#41 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

Just an update. The HG cover still isn't approved, and with the holidays coming up it's now possible we won't see it until next month. But I have seen the key art and it's spectacular. Rivals DOD.

EDIT: Here it is.

#42 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:58 PM

These new covers are now on Amazon (except for HG).

#43 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

Got advance copies of all three new paperbacks yesterday (including DOD). They look pretty slick. DOD includes a preview of Hurricane Gold in the end.

The copyright pages note them as "New Disney Hyperion Paperback Edition 2009." One curious thing; SilverFin has a full 1 to 10 number string, but BF shows it to be a third edition.

#44 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:21 PM

Now on the CBn main page...

Posted Image
Paperback debut of Charlie Higson's 'Double or Die', plus new editions of 'SilverFin' and 'Blood Fever'

#45 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

Was out today at Borders and figured I'd check for these--they only had the new Double or Die paperback. I'm assuming once the original print runs of SilverFin and Blood Fever are exhausted, they'll start stocking the new cover paperbacks.

#46 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:07 PM

Was out today at Borders and figured I'd check for these--they only had the new Double or Die paperback. I'm assuming once the original print runs of SilverFin and Blood Fever are exhausted, they'll start stocking the new cover paperbacks.

I swung by a few bookstores over the weekend to see if they slipped out early (I heard from someone in the UK who already received theirs via Amazon.co.uk), but I didn't see a thing. Not even the old editions, which I know were plentiful in my local store. I figure all the old YBs were pulled last week to be replaced with the new editions today.

#47 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:34 AM

I swung by a few bookstores over the weekend to see if they slipped out early (I heard from someone in the UK who already received theirs via Amazon.co.uk), but I didn't see a thing. Not even the old editions, which I know were plentiful in my local store. I figure all the old YBs were pulled last week to be replaced with the new editions today.

Weird. Seems like now would be a perfect time to really push the series in the US considering we're getting new releases of all four books within the space of two months.

#48 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

Went to the bookstore on Wed. and they now have all the new YBs. The old editions are long gone. Snapped a spy shot of the shelf HERE.

#49 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

Went to the bookstore on Wed. and they now have all the new YBs. The old editions are long gone. Snapped a spy shot of the shelf HERE.

Lookin' good. Mine arrived yesterday from Amazon - I'm liking these new covers. B)

#50 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:05 PM

Hurrah! They dropped the horrible X-Ray of eels!
I really hate the cover of my UK edition, it's clearly the worst thing about this book. Yikes! I'm always under the impression that bookworms are attacking my copy! B)

#51 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

I went to B&N yesterday and couldn't find them. Their website says they have them though. I also looked to see if they still had DMC. In fact the only non-Fleming Bond I could find was Benson's Union Trilogy.

Not that I was there to buy any of those anyway. I just always look when I'm there.

#52 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:26 AM

I noticed a handful of the books surrounding Higson's... are the Young Bond books in the adult fiction section?

#53 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:34 AM

I noticed a handful of the books surrounding Higson's... are the Young Bond books in the adult fiction section?

No. They were in the Teen section.

#54 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:23 AM

I went to B&N yesterday and couldn't find them. Their website says they have them though. I also looked to see if they still had DMC. In fact the only non-Fleming Bond I could find was Benson's Union Trilogy.

Not that I was there to buy any of those anyway. I just always look when I'm there.

Scratch that, I went today and they actually had a display case for them which was practically empty. It's the 3 covers blended together. There was only one Double or Die left. I think there were 2 Blood Fevers and SilverFin had like 3 or 4. Not surprising considering how awesome the DoD cover is. I imagine most people of the audience just looking around the store would choose to buy them in that order too. That's what I'd do if I knew nothing of the series.

#55 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

Display case! You mean like a dump bin of books, with a special Bond header, etc. I haven't seen one of these since the early days of Gardner.

#56 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:13 PM

Display case! You mean like a dump bin of books, with a special Bond header, etc. I haven't seen one of these since the early days of Gardner.

Well, it was essentially a cardboard bookshelf. 3 slots, one on top of the other - cover facing out. Had a special Young Bond header which was as I said essentially the new covers blended together.

It's too bad I live in the dark ages of cell phone technology otherwise I would have gotten a picture of it. I'm sure my BN store isn't the only one that has this though.

#57 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

Well, it was essentially a cardboard bookshelf. 3 slots, one on top of the other - cover facing out. Had a special Young Bond header which was as I said essentially the new covers blended together.

It's too bad I live in the dark ages of cell phone technology otherwise I would have gotten a picture of it. I'm sure my BN store isn't the only one that has this though.

Damn! A true dumpbin. Like I said, I haven't seen a James Bond dumpbin since 1989 (it was a LTK dump). I'll check on my local B&N tomorrow. Maybe I can get a pic from Disney.

If anyone can send me a pic, I will send you a Young Bond bookmark. B)

#58 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

Didn't they do that for Devil May Care, then? I thought I remembered all sorts of stuff like that.

#59 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

Didn't they do that for Devil May Care, then? I thought I remembered all sorts of stuff like that.

Did they? I looked, but I never saw anything. But I'm just talking about the U.S. Lots of great displays in the UK for DMC and the YB books.

#60 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

Oh right sorry; fair enough, yes.