#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:52 PM

Here's the deal...

If you’ve been playing the Young Bond alternate reality game, The Shadow War, then you learned last week where to find a secret codeword hidden inside By Royal Command that helped complete the mission. If you couldn’t find it, or if you’re a non-player but still curious, CLICK HERE to see the word.

However, did you know there is different codeword hidden in only 20 copies of By Royal Command worldwide that unlocks more information?

While this is exciting for gamers, it is even more exciting (or frustrating) for collectors, because a copy of By Royal Command with this rare variant codeword is certain to be a mega hot collectible!

So what is the other codeword? I have no idea. Thus far, no fan has come forward with one of the elusive 20. But now that we know where the word is hidden...let the search begin!

http://youngbonddoss...t_codeword.html

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

Someone who visits these forums must surely have a copy. :(

Anyone?

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:20 PM

People who haven't played the game wouldn't know where to look, but now they do (that is the back endpapers in my pic, btw). Booksellers also now know where to look, which means we're bound to eventually see one on eBay at a ridiculous price.

But 20 copies is pretty darn small. I don't know what the print run of BRC was, but I'm sure it was quite large.

#4 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:01 AM

Have any of these emerged? Any time I'm in a bookstore, I have to admit to checking their stock of By Royal Command hardbacks...

#5 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

I will check my two copies tonight! I now have a bit of hunting to do this weekend round the bookshops!

I wonder if its signed copies or normal copies?

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

I was just thinking about these the other day. I haven't yet heard of one of these emerging. But the number was so small, and I don't think many people know to even look. We may never find one.

#7 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

I have just checked and its not in my 2 copies. Darn. I will be on the look out this weekend. Thanks for the info Zencat.

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

Perhaps the number was too small for this to really catch on. Maybe if it was something along the lines of 100 or 500 copies...

#9 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:48 PM

I was just thinking about these the other day. I haven't yet heard of one of these emerging. But the number was so small, and I don't think many people know to even look. We may never find one.

I feared that all along. Realistically, most of these first editions are sitting on 10-year-old boys' bookshelves - I'm thinking most By Royal Command owners wouldn't know/care.

Twenty copies is a minute amount.

#10 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:35 AM

I feared that all along. Realistically, most of these first editions are sitting on 10-year-old boys' bookshelves - I'm thinking most By Royal Command owners wouldn't know/care.

Twenty copies is a minute amount.

I fear your both correct, but lets keep a stiff upper lip and see if at least one of us can find one 

#11 003.5

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:04 AM

Even limited edition number 007 out of 2000 has the words FASTNET

#12 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

Even limited edition number 007 out of 2000 has the words FASTNET

Do you have that, 003.5? I actually saw it come and go on eBay, but I didn't think anyone bid. If you have it, congrats! B)

#13 003.5

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:53 AM

Hi Zencat,

I contacted the seller after the auction ended, how come you didn't want to add it to your hurricane gold 007?

best wishes 003.5

#14 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

I thought about it, but the starting price was high (I need to tighten my belt this year), he was unsure how to ship to the US, and I have BRC #001, which I think goes well with my HG #007. Having both #007s and a 001 just seemed a little selfish. Figured I'd let another fan enjoy it. I'm happy it was you. B)

#15 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:32 AM

6 copies of BRC fingered through at WHSmith--------ALL FASTNET
5 fingered through at Waterstones.-----------------All FASTNET
1 Fingered through at an independant Bookshop------ FASTNET

A busy Saturday! (I was just passing the bookshops you must understand. Dont want you to think I am sad B) )LOL