6 replies to this topic

#1 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 March 2002 - 12:19 AM

The Music in TND is the best background music for a Bond movie. David Arnold is great with Bond. I love the brassy sound of the trumpets in TND. The music he produced for that movie can't be beat.

#2 Double-Oh Gaz

Double-Oh Gaz

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2002 - 01:35 AM

Ah, yes! It was in 1995 I went to see the premier of GoldenEye and heavens, I hated that blasted music of Eric Serra! It was awful! Where was the Bond theme tune throughout the whole film?

GoldenEye was a wonderful film let down by an appaling musical score! Dear 'o dear. It was just a random collection of notes and some symbals tishing!

...but then, in 1997 something changed...a shiver dribbled down my spine, lubricating it with electric ecstacy (My what a good image especially at this hour in the morning) as the opening Bond melody played, flowing like good champagne down an alcoholic's throat. It contined throughout the film and it was only when I bought the soundthrack that I actually reaslised how many levels there were to it, different sounds competing and co-operating with each other, like nothing I have ever heard! (Until I bought a Muse CD a week ago)

For me, the Bond music is like sex...nice sex...mind blowing sex...explosive if you will...indeed, I hope it lasts and that Christmas doesn't come too early...

#3 ENJ

ENJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 March 2002 - 02:04 AM

AUGH! I've looked in probably every CD store in Victoria and I can't find the TND soundtrack anywhere!! I even put an order in for it last year but they don't make it anymore!

HELP!!

ENJ

#4 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 March 2002 - 05:27 AM

Try Half.com :)

#5 jnDoubleshot

jnDoubleshot

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 March 2002 - 09:31 PM

Ditto.

#6 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 02 March 2002 - 10:32 PM

TND is, by far, the best score in recent years. It had the right combination of classic Bond/orchestral/brassy cues, aswell as updated techno themes. This worked extremely well, as the latter was only in small doses. This is one of the reasons that TWINE score is liked less, and one of the reasons why I want the B20 score to be more like TND.
Also bring back the 007 theme.

#7 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 03 March 2002 - 01:18 AM

TND shows to me just how big a fan DA is. It was like 'You've got the gig' and he just went and did it. He knew exactly and still knows exactly what is going on, and what is required.