Plus, novel to be released a day earlier than anticipated

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:59 PM

Glad we know what's going on with the cover art. I was getting antsy. But I had a feeling something like this was up.

Release date change is curious. There's a fair amount of promo material out there (bookmarks, etc) with the old date on them. But I'm not complaining. :tup:

#3 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:11 PM

I'm really intrigued.

The new IFP clearly knows how to drum up hype for a book (check out the launches for Double or Die, Hurricane Gold and Devil May Care for evidence), and I know they won't disappoint with the final Young Bond book published in the Centenary year.

It'll have to be something extra-special to top that gorgeous gold hardback, but I'm sure IFP and Puffin are up to the task!

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

Possibly the cover reveal and release date change all ties in. They are probably planning some cool launch event, and the 3rd worked better. Maybe the Queen was busy on the 4th. :tup:

#5 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

Possibly the cover reveal and release date change all ties in. They are probably planning some cool launch event, and the 3rd worked better.

That's what I assumed. Pity I won't be back in London for it; I will, however, be there for the SilverFin graphic novel release date. Here's hoping something's planned for then!

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

I was seriously considering heading back to London for the BRC launch, but two trips to the UK in one year is a budget buster. Still...would love to be there.

#7 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:42 PM

I was seriously considering heading back to London for the BRC launch, but two trips to the UK in one year is a budget buster. Still...would love to be there.

That may be precisely what I'll wind up doing if the Quantum of Solace premiere is tempting enough...

#8 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

Possibly the cover reveal and release date change all ties in. They are probably planning some cool launch event, and the 3rd worked better. Maybe the Queen was busy on the 4th. :tup:

That seems to make the most sense if they're going to move the release date around on this late a date.

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:41 PM

Here's something curious. At the moment, Amazon has three different listings for the BRC hardcover, each with a unique ISBN. Wonder if this is anything to wonder about?

#10 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:45 PM

Here's something curious. At the moment, Amazon has three different listings for the BRC hardcover, each with a unique ISBN. Wonder if this is anything to wonder about?

You thinking special editions, zen?

Or, alternatively, is it possible the book will be released with a few different covers? Do novels have different ISBNs if this is the case?

#11 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:29 PM

You thinking special editions, zen?

Or, alternatively, is it possible the book will be released with a few different covers? Do novels have different ISBNs if this is the case?

That's what I thought. But I'm not sure they would have different ISBNs.

It's also possible (probable, actually) that these listings are just for promotional material, dumpbins, etc.

#12 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:10 AM

It'll have to be something extra-special to top that gorgeous gold hardback, but I'm sure IFP and Puffin are up to the task!

I'm sure they are. I am dying to see what this cover looks like!

#13 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

I wonder if the final art is going to keep the black & red theme of all the promo art. I've gotten very use to it. It'll be a shocker to make a change, but it might be nice as black and red was already used for Blood Fever. (Yes, these are the things I think about on a lazy Sunday.)