TND and TWINE on AMC

9 replies to this topic

#1 John Solo

John Solo

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

Apparently, Tomorrow Never Dies and The World Is Not Enough will be airing on AMC next Month. On AMC's official site, according to their schedule Tomorrow Never Dies will be on AMC Saturday August 2 at 8:00 P.M. ET and will be repeated the next day at 4:30 P.M. ET. The World Is Not Enough will be on AMC, Saturday August 9 at 8:00 P.M. ET and repeated the next day at 4:30 P.M. ET. There is always a possibility of more Bond films on AMC each Saturday Night in August but I have no idea since Saturday the 9th of August is the last Saturday they have scheduled. The timing of playing these Bond films on AMC is very weird because there is a month long Bond marathon on Spike TV and they are playing both Tomorrow Never Dies and The World is Not Enough in that Spike TV marathon. What makes more sense is that TND and TWINE will be on AMC after they have been on Spike TV's marathon and how AMC is playing it in prime time and Spike is playing them in the morning. I prefer Spike's versions over AMC's versions, but I do prefer AMC overall because of superior scheduling of previous Bond marathons that are getting worse and worse on Spike TV. I prefer the Bond films in prime time because it is more convenient for me to watch them.

Here is The Link To The Two Days The Bond Films Are on AMC in prime time according to their official schedule:

Tomorrow Never Dies
The World Is Not Enough

#2 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for the post on these! I'm a bit puzzled about the rights to the Bond films and which cable channel has them. Is AMC part of Spike?

Is it possible that the 2 Brosnan films airing on AMC have moved to a different channel?

I missed seeing TWINE yesterday, but did see the listing in the paper this week.

I also know in the past AMC has done some James Bond film airings.

#3 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

What more appropriate Bond film than TND for the AmericanMovie Classics channel to broadcast.

#4 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

Just saw an ad right now that they wil be playing Goldeneye on August 17th on AMC.

#5 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:38 AM

TND is on AMC right now.

#6 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:43 AM

What more appropriate Bond film than TND for the AmericanMovie Classics channel to broadcast.

Yes, it's apparently American AND Classic.

Who knew.

#7 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:47 AM

Teri Hatcher is american and that must be good enough for AMC. :(

Edited by Jeff007, 29 August 2008 - 12:47 AM.

#8 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:01 AM

Don't watch it it's being horribly edited. Little cuts here and there.

#9 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:13 AM

I saw the AMC schedule pop-up on my TiVo. What also popped-up was a listing of Bond flicks airing on VH1. Octopussy, The Living Daylights, & Licence to Kill were on the list. Makes sense since Spike & VH1 are both part of MTV Networks but not sure how AMC fits into this. They did run a Bond marathon a year or two ago so maybe they have some separate deal on the movies too.

#10 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:27 AM

I've seen a lot of GoldenEye on AMC lately. At least 3 times in the past few weeks.