remastered bond scores

7 replies to this topic

#1 remy

remy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 December 2001 - 01:52 AM

Hi fellas, I've been a lurker for some time and was wondering if anyone has heard anything on the myth that the entire catalogue of bond scores were being remastered and expanded fully for rerelease. The Ian Flemming site said it would happen in 2001 then nothing. We spotted floating debris this morning. Cheers.

#2 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 February 2002 - 07:32 AM

I would love to own a remastered soundtrack of :
-TSWLM (just complete)
-LTK (with out the music all mixed togather! and the rest of the music) ((the music for the teaser is split into four different tracks!))
-DAF (just complete)
-TWINE (with ALL the teaser music)
-TND (with the COMPLETE "Back Seat Driver," the COMPLETE "Hamburg Breakout", the COMPLETE teaser music and the rest of the stealth boat music)

#3 level007

level007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 12:30 PM

remy (22 Jan, 2002 07:05 p.m.):
The TLD/expanded was awesome. So many memorable cues are missing from the old releases. I was just about to buy the AVTAK soundtrack, but now I will wait a while longer for the Ryko release.

i am sorry to disappointed you, but Ryko will not release AVTAK in new version. FYEO was the last from the deal.

I think you should get the japanese version which is good, or wait for the re-issue. But it s been 4 years now that i am waiting for those! But with the 40 years of bond, and bond 20 which is coming, we might have a chance to have them.

#4 remy

remy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 07:05 PM

The TLD/expanded was awesome. So many memorable cues are missing from the old releases. I was just about to buy the AVTAK soundtrack, but now I will wait a while longer for the Ryko release. Thanks for the info. Of all the $#!% movie scores on the market, and yet you still can't get good stuff from John Williams (Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom) and Barry (The Black Hole & King Kong).

#5 remy

remy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 March 2002 - 04:51 PM

I think you're right, Level007. Soon.

#6 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 12:19 AM

Well there is the re-recorded "Bond Back In Action" 2 disc collection, but it's only a couple of tracks from each film.

#7 Victor Zokas

Victor Zokas

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 April 2002 - 07:36 PM

Surely the 40th is the ideal time to release the full versions of the Bond soundtracks? If so, they ought to be strating soon, as releasing them all at the end of the year wouldn't make great sense.

More likely is we'll see nothing.

#8 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 12:28 AM

Rykodisc did a fantastic job of remastering "The Living Daylights", including some extra material.

The last thing i heard was what you said, and "A View To A Kill" was next up for the treatment.

Zip seems to have happened since - unless I've just missed something bigtime!