scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:36 AM

Walmart has Volumes 1, 2, and 3 of Bond on Bluray for $20 each:

http://dealnews.com/...s-h/501231.html

Each set has 3 films, so $20 for 3 Bluray titles is a great price.

Great price!!

I wonder what the 2012 James Bond blu ray's will consist of. Will we get just the last 9 or will all be resissued?

#1142 Ozzman313

Ozzman313

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

What do you guys think of my TWINE Blu-Ray/DVD cover I'm working on? I'm thinking of just using a silhouette of Pierce Brosnan for all of his Bond films, each one being unique to the movie. TWINE never had great poster of home video cover, I'm hoping to correct that.
Posted Image

#1143 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

That's brilliant! My new desktop background, actually!

#1144 SecretAgent007

SecretAgent007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

Darren, since most of your background is white, you can go into channels, isolate the artwork and make your selections then blend it into the white layer. You can also try blending the artwork into the background by creating a new layer and using the screen filter. The channels trick works great for a shortcut if you want to swap out a sky for another in photos, it should work fine for what you are doing as well. I use this if I need to drop something down a few stops, such as a sky, if the neutral density filter won't work due to an asymmetrical skyline or if there are tree branches in the way. These techniques are quicker than painting in what you want on the front covers.

Edited by SecretAgent007, 18 September 2011 - 04:53 PM.

#1145 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

I wonder what the 2012 James Bond blu ray's will consist of. Will we get just the last 9 or will all be resissued?

I do hope they'll all be reissued in one nice boxset, since I haven't bought any yet because I'm waiting to get them all at once...

#1146 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

Darren, since most of your background is white, you can go into channels, isolate the artwork and make your selections then blend it into the white layer. You can also try blending the artwork into the background by creating a new layer and using the screen filter. The channels trick works great for a shortcut if you want to swap out a sky for another in photos, it should work fine for what you are doing as well. I use this if I need to drop something down a few stops, such as a sky, if the neutral density filter won't work due to an asymmetrical skyline or if there are tree branches in the way. These techniques are quicker than painting in what you want on the front covers.

Thanks SecretAgent007. I am just beginning to explore the intricacies of Photoshop so this exercise has proven to be a great learning experience. Just the other day I explored the possibilities with the Color Range command.

BTW, I started that separate thread as was suggested:
http://debrief.comma...cover-blu-rays/

One of the (many) factors behind doing a set of custom covers, is the possibility that the remaining movies may have different covers on Blu-ray than the ones already released. By coming up with custom covers I can avoid that scenario.

#1147 Ozzman313

Ozzman313

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

Did a take on From Russia With Love today, might have gone a bit crazy. It still needs a few touch-ups, whats the consensus? :confused:
Posted Image