1 reply to this topic

#1 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 06:59 PM

What are peoples views on cheats in games? Do you feel tempted having invincibility at your finger tips? Or do you stick true to the game, and battle it on without?

I have only ever used cheats in emergency's when I've tried every alternative - reading walkthrough's on the web etc...

...but...there's always that time when the Walkthrough sounds like it's from another game and you just can't take out the Boss on level 14 - you just have to use the cheats to get you passed it!

Once I've passed an obstacle I couldn't tackle, I ditch the cheats and contine as normal.

They're handy in that sense, but I couldn't live with myself if I just go through a game using all the cheats! It would be so boring! For the blatent fact - I'd know I'd win the game. What satisfaction would that bring? None.

lol - well, there's my essay on what I think...what do you 'lot think?

#2 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 08:17 PM

I think that cheats for games are an excellent idea. You can feel the power you hold, when walking around the Janus headquarters, two Assault rifles in your hand, blasting away while their bullets bounce off you, its awsome! However, on games like PD and GE, you have to earn the cheats by completing levels in impossibly difficult times. So at the mo, I'm having to suffer the games' wrath for being so damn good!:)