This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Too much received damage in Bad Diplomacy?

6 replies to this topic

#1 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 01:50 PM

Everytime I play the Bad Diplomacy level, I almost get a heart attack; and do you know why? Up to the point when you have to kill Griffin's clone I received absolutely no damage, but then I can't kill him quick enough and always lose one or two "triangles" of the damage counter.
Did you recognise that ONE lost triangle means about 40 (!!!) percent received damage? Is that normal? How can you kill the clone without receiving damage?
Please help me, I'm only one triangle away from a perfectly finished level.

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 01:56 PM

This happens to me too. He shoots you once and then it cuts to you controlling Bond. At this point run and duck behind the desk. Whip out your gun and pop up after each of Griffin Clone's shots to hit him. I think it takes three to kill him completely.

Hope this helps.

#3 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 12:14 PM

Well, I think things are a bit different on the 00-Agent difficulty. As soon as you duck and hide behind the desk, Griffin runs towards you and hits you two or three times in a row and then he misses two or three times.
I will continue trying it, but I think that it doesn't depend on your skills but on your luck :mad:

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 02:33 PM

It is frustrating but keep trying and you'll do it eventually.

Try a head shot, you'll have to be quick to do it but if you pull it off then you might kill him in one shot. In a walkthrough I have it says that the best way is to run towards him and ounch him several times before he has time to shoot. I suggest you experiment and see which is easiest for you.

I'm getting really frustrated with the game too. I'm trying to unlock all the cheats and so far I've only got them from the first 4 levels. The rest though I haven't even been able to get a gold medal on. Which is a shame because I really want to unlock the Lotus in the Streets of Bucharest level.
I'm also keen on seeing the 'Bond Move Video' which plays after you complete the last level with a Bronze medal or more. Alas, I've not been able to get a high enough score.

Also has anyone noticed that the FMV of Bond and Zoe in the plane at the end, tends to vary in length depending on your score?

#5 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 06:16 PM

I did it, I don't know how exactly because I only rented the game, but I did it! (Unfortunately, I never completed 'Evil Summit', which is apparently the last level.)

#6 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 07:57 PM

So you can't beat "Cold Reception"? Personally, I think it's a very relaxing level, but if you have any questions, tell me!
Generally, I suppose you play the game either on the "Agent" or "00-Agent" level because IF you beat any level, you get lots of points just for the difficulty.

#7 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 09:14 PM

Oh, I've completed the game all the way thru. I'm now just working on the unlocking all the cheats.

I completed 'Evil Summit' las night in Agent and got a Bronze so I got to see that annoying Bond Move Video of every move in the game.

I've also unlocked the Lotus which looks great and handles differently to the Aston which shows they knew what they were doing and your not just driving the same vehicle in a different skin so to speak. Pity it doesn't appear in the FMV clips though.