186 replies to this topic

#181 JackWade

JackWade

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:04 AM

i'm excited now release that darn trailer!

I doubt Sony is going to listen to you.

that was unnescary Captain tightpants and kinda rude.

It was neither unnecessary nor rude.

#182 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

I'll second that, even though it me was was saying it in the first place. My point is that Sony aren't going to listen to internet fan forums as to when they release the trailer: they'll do it when and where they choose because they hold distribution rights. They're attaching it to Hancock (they clearly have little faith in the film), and I doubt some kind of petition is going to change that, especially when it's likely there's no-one from Sony registered with the forums.

And by the way, if I'd wanted it to be rude by singling you out, the "you" in my original post would have been in italics.

#183 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:42 AM

I'll second that, even though it me was was saying it in the first place. My point is that Sony aren't going to listen to internet fan forums as to when they release the trailer: they'll do it when and where they choose because they hold distribution rights. They're attaching it to Hancock (they clearly have little faith in the film), and I doubt some kind of petition is going to change that, especially when it's likely there's no-one from Sony registered with the forums.

And by the way, if I'd wanted it to be rude by singling you out, the "you" in my original post would have been in italics.

Well, Captain Tightpants, you weren't wrong but you were a tad... not rude, but blunt. :tup: If that had been directed at me, I wouldn't have taken it personally at all, but obviously Quantum did, so... anyway, yeah, you're right, I highly doubt they make their decisions based on what we say. (If they did, they probably would've fired Daniel Craig after seeing fan reaction to his casting and gone with Clive Owen or someone. :tup: )

#184 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:01 AM

but did I say I was going to make a petition . or anything no.

I realize full well Sony will do what they want to do when they want to do it. I'm sorry but I stand by it your post was unesscary and it was rude.

Unesscary because I'm not an idiot I know Sony will release the trailer when they think it is the right time (I.E when the most people will see it so the theaters will be packed and they will make money).

and rude because there were a zillion other ways you could of put it like

"I agree with you quantum however Sony will do what Sony does"

see there no belittlement no singling out it says exactly what you said without making me feel that you all think I'm some kind of sap.

I have nothing against you (or anyone else on this board) i am honoured to be in comunity of 007 fans where we can disucss everything from the films to books of 007.

I love a lot of the fan art/ fan fiction on these boards.

But if I see something that I feel is rude and unnescary i will say my peice and yes I felt your intial comment was singling me out and belittling me.

but alas all I was saying intially was the usa today article definitly wetted my appetite for everything Quantum related. I'm extremly excited and can't wait for November. I'd love a trailer now but i'm well aware it probably won't be released till July (possibly due to the fact they haven't filmed the new gunbarrel and Sony wants that to be apart of the trailer?)

back on to the topic at hand The pic of Bond running in the dessert is so far my favourite shot.

and clive owen as bond i've seen doors that were less wooden then he is lmao.

Edited by Quantumofsolace007, 23 April 2008 - 03:03 AM.

#185 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:24 AM

If I'm blunt about what I say, it's just a part of who I am, and I'm afraid you're just going to have to live with it. I have no desire to change parts about myself, especially to suit what someone wants. The last person who tried to force me into changing really didn't like what happened next. Come to think of it, neither did I.

#186 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:49 PM

If I'm blunt about what I say, it's just a part of who I am, and I'm afraid you're just going to have to live with it. I have no desire to change parts about myself, especially to suit what someone wants. The last person who tried to force me into changing really didn't like what happened next. Come to think of it, neither did I.

i'm not asking anyone to change.

#187 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:41 AM

The investment business world-wide is familiar with George Soros' Quantum Fund which is a hedge fund of considerble note.

George Soros' original claim to fame was betting against the Bank Of England who were trying to prop up Stirling.

Soros shorted the [censored] of the pound in the early 1990s when I was a rookie trader and he made a [censored]ing massive killing when it fell in value. He "beat" the Bank Of England in the global currency market and has been famous since.

The Quantum Fund is a real animal...based out of a tax haven, The Cayman islands, if memory serves.

I have only recently made the connection of George Soros and his QUANTUM Fund. And, instantly, my mind went to the Soros rape of the U.K. Pound back in 1992 making 1 BILLion US Dollars.. How coincidental was it that 007 would go after an organization named Quantum, headed by some mysterious group, which is obviously going to be lead by an equally mysterious boss?