19 replies to this topic

#1 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 10:39 AM

I'm really pissed off... Why are they releasing DAD in 2003? What's the point of a 40th anniversary when you're a year too late? Just because Harry Potter and the Lord of the Rings exist, they don't have to put Bond last! That is degrading!!

A really annoyed Joyce

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 10:47 PM

You're right, it is degrading. It's also a 'scared' image, not one that I think should have been adopted. Tomorrow Never Dies went up against with Titanic and, from memory, won.

#3 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 11:57 PM

Je bent wel een beetje laat hoor dit is al sinds 15 Augustus 2002 bekend.
Trouwens Titanic draaide vanaf 08 Januari 1998 en Tomorrow never dies vanaf 18 December 1997.

#4 Le Chiffre

Le Chiffre

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 09:31 AM

I don't know if DAD will have a january release in the Netherlands only, but anyhow it's a good example of how narrow-minded the cinema industry in our country is.

They just don't know how to program blockbusters, and for certain they don't know how to rate the Bond series at its true value. Amsterdam doesn't have a Leicester Square - with Tuschinski maybe as a good exception - en when they decide to build a big cinema that is worth a real gala premiere, they build it in the outskirts of the capital! I've worked on the production of The Discovery of Heaven (the largest production ever made in the Netherlands), and it was just sad to see the setting of its gala premiere: a dreary industry park far removed from the city center.

Fortunately, I'll be in the UK this autumn, and thus I'll be able to see DAD from november already. I really hope someday our country will rate the cinema industry at its true value.

#5 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 10:42 AM

Originally posted by Blue Eyes
You're right, it is degrading. It's also a 'scared' image, not one that I think should have been adopted. Tomorrow Never Dies went up against with Titanic and, from memory, won.

nah, it came in second, though it still made a lot of money. moving DAD away from these other films is just ridiculous. a movie like DAD should have the same worldwide release date like star wars did

#6 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 10:48 AM

Sorry,but this is a Dutch speaking forum.
You must spake Dutch.

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 10:58 AM

Umm, how about no... (oh the temptation to recite a line from Goldmember :), but I shant!)

This is a forum for the discussion of Bond related events in the Netherlands, that doesn't mean you have to speak freaky deaky Dutch!

#8 Le Chiffre

Le Chiffre

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 September 2002 - 02:40 PM

M_Balje, I agree with Blue Eyes on this. And there's no need for yelling on this forums. Niemand begrijpt onze taal toch, dus is het handig dat de rest ook mee kan denken!

(Translation: as for the fact that nobody understands our language, I'll speak English so that anyone will be able to join the Dutch discussions).

Long live the Netherlands, best country in the world (apart from Andorra, that is).

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 02:12 AM

Thanks for agreeing Le Chiffre :)

#10 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 02:23 AM

Verkeerd, is dit een Nederlands forum, zodat zouden wij allen het Nederlands moeten spreken.

#11 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 02:27 AM

Uitstekende Online Vertaler...

http://www.worldling...translator.html

#12 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 05:00 AM

Dat het Freemo kan zijn, maar het is een Engelse raad om Nederlandse kwesties te bespreken. Het is fijn om het Nederlands te spreken, maar het moet niet in orde die van wie vertellen niet.

#13 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 06:08 AM

When you translate it back...

That the Freemo can be, but it is discuss engelse Council Dutch questions to. It is speak finely it Dutch to, but it does not have in order which of who do not tell.

When you get somethign translated to another language, you need to translate it back to see if it makes sense. Took me three goes to get my paragraph close to correct. :)

#14 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 09:27 PM

Dutch:

Ik dacht dat het doel was van dit stuk forum dat Nederlanders hier over bond kunnen praten in hun eigen taal.
In dit geval in het Nederlands.
tenslotte gebeurt dit ook met het duiste forum.
Het is me dat dan niet helemaal duidelijk,sorry.

English:

I thought that it aims which of this piece forum that can Dutch talk here concerning association in their own language.
In this case in it Dutch.
finally happens this also with the duiste forum.
It is me that then not entirely clear, sorry.

German:

Ich dachte, da

#15 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 11:42 PM

Oh yes, this place is for the Dutch to speak Dutch if they like. But it's not a place for the Dutch to tell people off for speaking English.

#16 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 20 September 2002 - 12:01 AM

Originally posted by M_Balje
Dutch:

English:

I thought that it aims which of this piece forum that can Dutch talk here concerning association in their own language.  
In this case in it Dutch.  
finally happens this also with the duiste forum.
It is me that then not entirely clear, sorry.

M, this is the place that the Dutch can talk Dutch, but it's also a place where the Dutch can interact with the world regarding any Bond related subjects (ie: conventions, promotions, Bond cinerma details, etc) that are happening in The Netherlands.

Surely you do not mind informing the world of what is happening Bond wise in your part of the world. I am sure interested.

And, it will make this particular forum more active. :)

Do you not agree my friend?
:)

#17 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 20 September 2002 - 07:30 AM

Originally posted by Blue Eyes
Umm, how about no... (oh the temptation to recite a line from Goldmember :), but I shant!)

sorry this is off the topic but,
blue eyes, saw goldmember today and when that particular line came up i figured that was what u were refering to and i just completely lost it. i laughed so hard my friends thought id gone insane. Thanks for giving me such a big laugh
loved the rest of the movie too

#18 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 21 September 2002 - 03:24 AM

Can I just make it clear that I can't speak Dutch, so the Dutch emails that are being sent to me will sadly remain unread.

#19 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 21 September 2002 - 05:26 AM

Originally posted by freemo
Can I just make it clear that I can't speak Dutch, so the Dutch emails that are being sent to me will sadly remain unread.

Just use the prog you used to translate your previous dutch posts, Freemo. :)

Anyway, this whole debate is pretty funny when one considers the fact that this thread heading is in English to start with.
:)

#20 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 05:16 PM

WA-HEY!! That was hilarious!! Especially those threads where you guys tried to speak Dutch.. it didn't make any sense!! :)
M-Balje, this forum isn't just for people who speak Dutch, so I'm speaking English!!!
And by the way, does anyone know if there will be a DAD actor attending the Dutch premiere? With TWINE, Denise Richards and Desmond Llewellyn (rest in peace) were in Amsterdam. Who will be here this time? No-one?