A New Day to Die Chapter 1

No replies to this topic

#1 JLMuench

JLMuench

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 10:07 PM

Before I post this I want to thank Kronsteen (MI6 Forums) and TGO (AJB, MI6, CBN) for doing a great job on this with myself. Here goes. Tell me what you think.

CHAPTER 1 - Live and Let Die

A blonde man stood in a cold, dark room. There were two cots in the room with a little sink and a small toilet. He was about six feet two inches tall; 190 lb., but still had baby features. His deep brown eyes expressed a nervous look on his face.
He had traveled all the way from London and his partner still hadn't shown up. His partner had left in the middle of the night to find more about the place. They were kept very much in the dark, however, and still would be unless he came back and enlightened his partner's mind.
He was worried because if his partner didn't return before the arrival of Walter Cortell his cover would be blown, and he would be shot. That simple. Shot. No need to ask questions.
All of a sudden the door creaked. The man was ready to reach for his gun, a Walther P99, but if it were Cortell, his cover would also be blown. So much to think about.
He opened the door.
"Easy, 009. Thought I'd forgotten you?" a man said.
The man didn't say anything.
"By the way, do you have a jacket I could borrow?" he asked.
"Fleece or a sweater?"
009 replied. That was the password they had agreed on. It was recited perfectly.
"Well, well; how the hell are you Bond?" 009 asked.
"Not bad Stan, sorry I kept you waiting. I had to stop by the bathroom." Bond said.
"No problem at all James. Anyway, what did you find out?" Stan asked.
Bond had a mad look on his face, "Nothing," he said.
James Bond, Agent 007, and Stan Binkard, Agent 009, had been acquaintances for a while. They had studied together in Eton, before he had dropped out. From the point when Bond met Stan, Stan had been jealous of Bond. Bond, who was six-foot two inches tall, 170 lb. with piercing, dangerous gray-blue eyes and a faint three inch scar that ran down his left cheek, he had always been liked by women. From France and Vesper Lynd all the way to Japan and Reiko Tamura, woman loved him. "Maybe that's why we aren't closer," Bond thought to himself. Bond was M's favorite agent despite many counts of insubordination. For example, in Hong Kong on the Zero Minus Ten mission, M frequently warned Bond and only ended up with three months of suspension, with pay. Stan was outraged naturally, but didn't say a word to anyone.
"James, your new name is Paul Maxim, techno-terrorist, and mine is Alex Cornell, techno-terrorist, " Stan said. As if on cue, the door opened.
"I hoped you had a pleasant night. I am Walter Cortell. I have been sent collect you," Cortell said.
"By whom?" Bond asked.
"For security purposes, the name is not to be mentioned," he replied like a computer.
"Also why must we have this meeting here in Greenland's north coast?" Bond asked.
The questioned seemed to be wearing on the man.
"Because ... it separates us from the infidels," he responded.
"Then this is a religion?" Stan asked.
"In a way. You will see. No more questions. End of discussion. Now follow me." He said. His tone was the same the whole time, and he had not smiled. He was like a robot.
Bond and Stan followed Walter all throughout a building. It was large and was the same color all throughout, a dark gray, which made it seem like a jail. It made Bond remember being captured by Dr. No, when they were in a jail with first-class service. It brought a smile to his face.
They eventually reached outside, and it was cold. The time was about midday, but it was cold. Walter slipped numerous times on the ice. "You really should have brought your snow boots." Bond quipped. Walter quickly gave Bond a sadistic smile, like his life would end that day. They reached an open ice rink, type of place. The whole place was filled. There was chatter. Bond and Stan sat down.
Immediately, a leader tapped his mallet. Bond saw that his eyes were slightly crossed and he had a large freckle under his right eye. There were other leaders too, some lower then others.
"WAIT! STOP! Those two men are British agents! Stan Binkard and ... breath...James Bond!" a man said running across the ice. The people gasped.
"Our names are Paul Maxim and Alex Cornell!" Bond protested.
"Who cares? Kill them now!" the leader said.
Bond saw some snowmobiles to the left and yelled to Stan, "Hurry, grab the snowmobiles!"
007 mounted the snowmobile and turned it on. There was a lot of chatter, and 007 knew that any second now there would be a ton of gunshots. He had never been on one of these things before, but 009 had been. 009 yelled, "Don't worry about sharp-turns, these babies won't flip." All of a sudden there was a noise, 007 knew it was a helicopter, and sure enough, when he looked up, it was a Panther-attack helicopter. He put the snowmobile in forward, and pulled out his Walther P99.
So, this is what Double-00 Agents, especially 007, lived for. As for 009, he didn't like these high profile getaways, but he knew he didn't want to be killed. Most people would think they were crazy, including M, but they knew they would have to escape and protect Her Majesty's country, England, and of course the rest of the free world.
First 007 started circling around and looked for a way out. He did, and waved for 009 to follow. He could hear the sound of three or more terrorists on snowmobiles. 007 and 009 went into a building. They saw an exit sign and took a sharp left. They went that way and did indeed find an exit sign. The gunfire behind him was growing rapidly.
Outside the building, 007 led 009 and the terrorists into the woods. 007 yelled, "Stan, how many are there?"
He slowed down. "Three..." he replied. But, before 009 could turn back around he had hit a tree. The snowmobile didn't blow. 007 took cover behind a tree and watched the terrorists grab 009. He was still very much alive.
"Let him go," 007 pleaded.
"I don't think so," Walter responded. He shot 009 right in the head. It was definitely fatal. If 007 hadn't asked 009 not to turn around he never have gotten his longtime buddy, and partner killed. But 007, knew that pain and remorse would jeopardize his reflexes, and he might get killed. He pulled out his Walther and shot a terrorist right in the head, and wounded another. But Walter still was up.
007 mounted his snowmobile once again, and took off. He knew Walter was following him, but how could he lose or kill him? He kept riding. The helicopter was there. 007 turned around in an instant, and took three shots at the driver of the helicopter. He had shot the driver of the helicopter and immediate panic spread. The helicopter took a downward spin, and hit the ice. The ice cracked, and suddenly at least 50 members ended up in below zero waters. And suddenly, the helicopter exploded in a bright orange fireball. You could hear the ice shatter from miles away. And Walter, by any estimation, was dead.
007 pulled out his map, and he rode his mobile to a point on the map. Immediately, he found two Sea-Doos, one for his partner, 009, and for him. He rode out till he found his rendezvous point, a little glum. But, he shrugged it off soon after. "That could have been me," he thought.

RESPOND!!
Send Private Message to TGO, or JLMuench if you want!