http://www.jamesbondfilme.de/

#332 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

A direct link to the page with the images on there, please.

#333 JackWade

JackWade

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

Those pictures aren't on there. It just seems marygoodnight is trolling as usual.

And as for the random guy in the suit, I'm fairly sure that's going to be for the title sequence, not the gunbarrel.

#334 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:13 PM

I think the people who followed this thread will be very interested by the article scan just posted by Germanlady in this other thread! Thanks for sharing, Germanlady! :(
http://debrief.comma...p...st&p=933508

#335 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:42 PM

So, at last, I've finally watched those scenes on the big screen :(

I was a bit disappointed by the short screen time of Siena, but it was a very good time :) The bottini were underused IMO, such a pity. I don't think people who don't know what the bottini are will understand where the chase takes place (they'll just think Bond is chasing Mitchell in a sewage system).
A little regret also about Carrara: the car chase went so fast, we didn't get the most out of the landscapes. A bit of footchase and "cliffhanging" here could have been really cool.

A question: I didn't get how we're supposed to know the belfry-like place (where Bond and Mitchell have their final confrontation) is an art gallery (as it was called during production).

#336 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

If I am ever to be taken away in an ambulance, I want one like this! :(

Attached File  ambulanza1.jpg   119.46KB   21 downloads
Attached File  ambulanza2.jpg   117.54KB   12 downloads
Attached File  ambulanza3.jpg   108.89KB   10 downloads

It is the ambulance offered by the QoS production to the Limone district, to thank them for welcoming the production staff.

#337 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

A question: I didn't get how we're supposed to know the belfry-like place (where Bond and Mitchell have their final confrontation) is an art gallery (as it was called during production).

There are large windows and framework set up where the artwork is obviously meant to go... :(

#338 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

There are large windows and framework set up where the artwork is obviously meant to go... :(

According to Marc Forster in 'Bond On Set', it's some kind of glass-domed art gallery.

#339 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:00 AM

I've got a quick question about the entire car chase. How is it that the Quantum people knew that Mr. White was in the car with Bond? Were there Quantum members at White's estate? Did they do something similar to the videogame and see Bond confront White? I still don't know what happened :(...Am I the only one???

#340 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:16 AM

You're not missing anything--there is no explanation in the film itself. The viewer has to fill in the blanks. Something like the videogame scenario you describe is possible. Or White manages to activate some kind of alert signal that brings the cars. It's kind of like the Nassau-to-Miami transition in CR--you know Bond somehow followed Dimitrios, but the filmmakers decided not to show exactly how.

#341 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:32 AM

Thanks for that. When I first saw the car chase, it never really crossed my mind. The second, and last time (for now) that I saw it, I started thinking: How did Quantum know that White was kidnapped? How did they know that Bond had found him?
Maybe that'll be a deleted scene??? I'm going to keep my fingers crossed...

#342 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 05:58 AM

Yeah, it would be assumed that since Mr. White is so high up in Quantum, he would have security with him. When Bond showed up, they knew something was amiss.

Although something I would like to have seen would be White in the car with Bond and Bond questioning how Quantum knew Bond was there, before working out that they didn't know Bond was after White. Rather, they had two targets: Rene Mathis (this scenario assuemd Mathis' guilt or working as an inside man within Quantum) and White. Mathis was being interrogated in Siena, the cloest safehouse to the clinic where he was taken into custody - thus explaining M's presence - but Quantum didn't know where that was, and so they try and use Bond to take them to Mathis before killing both Mathis and White (and probably Bond and M if they could manage it).

#343 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

For those of you who plan to visit Siena and make a pilgrimage to the Bond locations, I've just got some little bits of intel about the set:

- the first scene, with the car arriving in Siena and the skyline with the tower, was shot via Giovanni Dupré
- the foot chase, at ground level, takes place partially on the main square, i.e. Piaza del Campo, but I guess everybody would be able to realize that! B)
- the foot chase on the rooftops was shot between via del Rialto and vicolo dell'Oro
- the scene when Bond jumps on a bus was shot via del Pantaneto

Of course some parts were not shot on location (the safe house, the art gallery, and the foot chase underground - in the bottini).

Enjoy your trip, Bond location or not! :tdown:

#344 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:35 PM

M, that's amazing. Thanks so much. I will be in Siena, Florence, Pisa and Lucca in August. B)