396 replies to this topic

#391 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:19 PM

I imagine Tom Hooper (ELIZABETH I, JOHN ADAMS, THE DAMNED UNITED) may be on EON's radar for a future instalment.

#392 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

I imagine Tom Hooper (ELIZABETH I, JOHN ADAMS, THE DAMNED UNITED) may be on EON's radar for a future instalment.

Interesting. His composer Rob Lane would do a great Bond score (check out his score for THE LONG FIRM).

#393 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:02 PM

If the last director has first refusual on a Bond film and Forster has bailed, then surely Paul Haggis gets the offer before anyone else is considered?

#394 Martini

Martini

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

M. Night Shyamalan

#395 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

The action in QoS, however, at least drives the plot forward. The plot is dependent upon things like the boat chase (where we meet Camille and get to understand at least some of her motives), the car chase (which carries the plot forward from where CR left off), and the Sienna shootout. All of these sequences are essential to the plot of the film

What plot are you talking about? Have I missed something?

The plot in which Bond uncovers more about Quantum. Try paying attention the next time you watch the movie.

#396 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

M. Night Shyamalan

I feel this wouldn't be the most popular choice around these parts...

#397 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

The action in QoS, however, at least drives the plot forward. The plot is dependent upon things like the boat chase (where we meet Camille and get to understand at least some of her motives), the car chase (which carries the plot forward from where CR left off), and the Sienna shootout. All of these sequences are essential to the plot of the film

What plot are you talking about? Have I missed something?

The plot in which Bond uncovers more about Quantum. Try paying attention the next time you watch the movie.

Since I do pay attention it is fairly obvious to me that the filmmakers don't know how to depict Quantum or how this evil organisation is supposed to work. So what can Bond learn during his mission? That they have people everywhere?

The so-called storytelling going on in this film is extremely weak in my opinion. Greene wants to buy worthless land (the intrigue) but nobody thinks it is worthless (more intrigue), and Bond shows why (the revelation). The whole movie is built around this extremely thin plot point and that is why I think it is Die Another Day II (in disguise).