26 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:08 AM

Hey there, folks! Following off from our well-received Live and Let Die rewrite, coco1997 and I once more present to you:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN (1975)

After the phenomenal popularity of Live and Let Die with audiences, EON decides to let Peter Hunt make his own film yet again. Hunt lines up the cast and okays all the proper locations, but, due to sheer exhaustion from doing three films in a row, he has to abandon the project at the last minute. He suggests that the editor of his previous three films, John Glen, be allowed to direct, but the producers veto him, saying that Glen has only cut three in comparison to the five Hunt himself had worked on before shooting OHMSS; as the next best alternative, they hire Guy Hamilton, the director of Goldfinger, to helm the film.

Hamilton wants to make his mark on the cast, but the producers say he cannot fire any of the leads: George Lazenby has three films remaining in his contract, Ricardo Montalb

#2 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:46 PM

Ah-ah-ah--Diana Ross is Della, remember? I'm thinking we can save Jane Seymour to play Melina Havelock in our "FYEO" rewrite. :D

#3 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:00 PM

Hm. Quite a lot of this stuff seems to start with the "a number of agents on a mission are sabotaged in some way", doesn't it? Reads that way, anyway, even if not the intention.

#4 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

again very good keep up the good work guys :D

#5 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:55 PM

Ah-ah-ah--Diana Ross is Della, remember? I'm thinking we can save Jane Seymour to play Melina Havelock in our "FYEO" rewrite. :D

Er, coco; I already changed LALD so Seymour was Della. :D

Oh, and Jim? That was just so Scaramanga could get Bond his message quickly and easily. :P

#6 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 12:30 AM

Erm... does anyone want to respond to this? :D

#7 theMoorethemerrier

theMoorethemerrier

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:40 AM

I must say, this was pretty sweet. Unique that Moneypenny was on the mission with Bond, albeit against Bond's wishes. Again, better that the original. I also am pretty pleased with the inclusion of Jaws, he is like the king of all henchmen, haha. I'm not quite sure what the point of 009 was, though. Was his purpose just to be tortured so when Bond came, he would see his corpse? I'm kind of unclear on that. Overall, this was great! You both definitely are making me anticipate TSWLM very much.

Edited by theMoorethemerrier, 15 December 2007 - 06:43 AM.

#8 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 08:36 PM

I'm not quite sure what the point of 009 was, though. Was his purpose just to be tortured so when Bond came, he would see his corpse? I'm kind of unclear on that.

It was basically to one-up FRWL: Whereas that film employed a Bond-masked SPECTRE agent as target practice for 'Red' Grant, Scaramanga decides to use an actual 00 agent for his fun and games. :D

Still, thanks for the positive response; coco1997 and I promise you that TSWLM will be Bond and B-E-Y-O-N-D! :P

#9 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:10 PM

But giving giving Jaws immortality and Scaramanga a wacky funhouse-type lair would have been fun. Okay, I wouldn't have liked it in the Laz film. But it sounds like fun.

#10 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

But giving giving Jaws immortality and Scaramanga a wacky funhouse-type lair would have been fun. Okay, I wouldn't have liked it in the Laz film. But it sounds like fun.

Well, then, I hope you've enjoyed the rewrite. :P

Stay tuned for... The Spy Who Loved Me! :D

#11 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:34 AM

Interesting Gunbarrel idea. :D

#12 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

Interesting Gunbarrel idea. :P

Don't thank me; that was coco's idea. :D

#13 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

I would love to see a picture of that gunbarrel, can it be done? :D

#14 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:29 PM

If anyone can photoshop the gunbarrel so that it appears golden, and then modify Bond's suit to have it appear white, then that would give the general idea.

#15 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

If anyone can photoshop the gunbarrel so that it appears golden, and then modify Bond's suit to have it appear white, then that would give the general idea.

Don't forget the Panama hat and golden mask! :D

#16 kurtsimonw

kurtsimonw

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:03 PM

A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Of the three of your GL versions of movies that I've read (DAF, LALD & TMWTGG) I'd have to say this is the best, which is some feat since the first two were very impressive peices of work.

In all seriousness, some of the idea's you've bought forward are terrific, and I'd say good enough for the big screen! You really seem to know what you're doing with these and write them perfectly. I can't really think of any criticism at all, as of yet, keep up the fantastic work!

#17 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:13 PM

Thanks very much! I hope TSWLM is next on your list. :tup:

#18 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for the kind words, kurtsimonw. Just so you're in the know, most of what we came up with for "DAF"-"TMWTGG" were original ideas, whereas much of the plot for our revised telling of "TSWLM" is comprised of several unused story and character ideas EON was actually considering during the early stages of that film's script development. :tup:

Edited by coco1997, 23 February 2008 - 05:45 PM.

#19 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

Bumping this one up, now... :tdown:

Hey, folks, get ready for coco1997 and I's latest (and long overdue) rewrite, For Your Eyes Only! B)

COMING TONIGHT!!! :tdown:

#20 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:50 AM

IT IS COMING...

TONIGHT!!!

FYEO!!!

#21 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:26 PM

It's been great reading these fan-fics again. However, the only gripe I have with them, is that they feel rushed. Not quality wise, you have some great ideas. BUT if I were to see this on film (and GOD, I'd love to) I can only imagine all of this happening in around an hour, or even 45 minutes. B)

#22 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

It's been great reading these fan-fics again. However, the only gripe I have with them, is that they feel rushed. Not quality wise, you have some great ideas. BUT if I were to see this on film (and GOD, I'd love to) I can only imagine all of this happening in around an hour, or even 45 minutes. :tdown:

Well, I imagine the funhouse sequence would take up a good deal of time, so the run-time would be... say, about QOS's! B)

#23 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

Ah I see. Makes sense. Alas, I found the Diamonds Are Forever screenplay even shorter. B)

PTS > Bond leaves the service > Bond teaches at Eaton > Bond rejoins > Bond crashes into an Oak tree > Bond is nearly cremated > Climax.

Maybe it's because you've wrote the whole movie in a nutshell, but still, a damn good read. :tdown:

#24 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:59 PM

Ah I see. Makes sense. Alas, I found the Diamonds Are Forever screenplay even shorter. :tdown:

PTS > Bond leaves the service > Bond teaches at Eaton > Bond rejoins > Bond crashes into an Oak tree > Bond is nearly cremated > Climax.

Maybe it's because you've wrote the whole movie in a nutshell, but still, a damn good read. :tdown:

You forgot the sequence before Bond leaves the service, with the criminals in the sewer; not my idea, but coco's, and he's partly the brains of the operation, too. B)

#25 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

Yes a great sequence indeed.

Just finished your Live and Let Die screenplay, great stuff. Still short though. B)

I would've loved to see more. :tdown:

#26 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:01 PM

Yes a great sequence indeed.

Just finished your Live and Let Die screenplay, great stuff. Still short though. B)

I would've loved to see more. :tdown:

Well, we wrote those when we were young and whizzing through these things; FYEO was mostly penned after a long dry spell, as, although it had been plotted out, the bulk of the emotional development had to be made reasonable by me. I consider it fantastic that I was able to get in touch with my more sensitive side (no joke here) to come up with the dialogue, and, as you can see, it worked like gangbusters. :tdown:

#27 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

Tell you what, I LOVED the Evil Knievel cameo. B)

I read The Spy Who Loved Me, probably one of the worst of your storys. Sorry.
I found it rather cheesey. Plus, I couldn't get over the idea of Jaws on Ski's with a Rocket Launcher. The image looks so damn funny in my mind. I'm in hysterics thinking about it. :tdown:

Please don't be offended, just my two cents. :tdown: