5 replies to this topic

#1 xmd

xmd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 08:22 PM

hi, I'm still a new user here, and some of you might be mad that I am posting this kind of thread here, but actually I have no "place to go" with this... As every bond-fan I like to collect some stuff, and recently, having had recorded a TWINE soundtrack from mp3 on cd, I've been looking on the net for the audio cover to print.. with really bad results. The only one i have found were on the oh-famous www.cdcovers.cc , but believe me, the ones for TWINE, that were skanned there and posted were really bad quality... And my BIG, BIG request is : could anyone please tell me where I could find the audio cover for TWINE in good quality? Or maybe someone would be just so kind to SCAN me it, as I understand most of you are much more die hard fans than I am, and TWINE score surely must have been part of your bond collection? Please, please, it is very important to me. if someone could help me out here, I'd really apreciate that.

oh, and another thing - another small question/request. Does anyone know where would it be possible to download the soundtracks from TND and Goldeneye? I do have some of the tracks of these cd's on mp3, but some of it are missing, and I need to complete it. I mean, I wouldn't ask for it if there was audiogalaxy still online, but I think we all know what the situation with the mp3 download is now... :)

I'd appreciate all the help,:)

[Btw - I hope I'm not violenting this whole mumbo-jumbo mayhem about copyrigts that MGM has recently produced... And again sorry, if someone found my post somehow annoying and irritating ]

#2 daman3755

daman3755

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 02:40 AM

Dude, you aren't ticking off Big Brother erm I mean MGM. Now why would they get pissy over the burning of tracks onto a CD? (That'll be what they do next, just watch it.)

Nah, I'm afraid I can't help you out, but what I could do is burn my CD's for those scores and mail them to ya. Better than wasting that space on your comp. :)

#3 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 03:19 AM

look somewhere like Amazon, they usually have a good pic of the CD covers there, download that...

#4 xmd

xmd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 09:33 AM

Originally posted by daman3755
Dude, you aren't ticking off Big Brother erm I mean MGM.  Now why would they get pissy over the burning of tracks onto a CD?  (That'll be what they do next, just watch it.)

what I meant was, that posting this kind of request, I (potentially)promoted people to give links to some un-authorized sites (with mp3'a or covers for instance) and recently there has been a 'clean up' of this kind of things (links) on the board , much because of the MGM ado about copyrights. So I just wanted to cover all the bases with that statement at the end.

sorry, but Amazon etc. have only the preview quality of the cover, and only the front. I mean, anything less than a 150dpi scan, isn't very good material for prinitng and that's what Amazon is. Anyway, I still hold hope anyone would help me with the cover.... :)

#5 xmd

xmd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 09:46 AM

pleasee, just don't post everyone at once...

#6 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 01:37 AM

Hey xmd, unfortunately we don't condone the (dare I say it) illegal activity of copying a soundtrack outright, so I'm sorry but we cannot assist you, the only audio tracks I would deal in are non-commercial rarities (such as those ripped from DVD or rare covers/remixes) anyway, and I'm afraid we cannot provide scans of soundtrack inlays either, as again this is prohibited.

Without sounding condescending, I suggest you buy the album, I for one wouldn't like to see Bond fan sites closed by MGM again due to the piracy of soundtracks, I'm sorry. :)