1 reply to this topic

#1 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 02:59 PM

Does anybody know how to extract music from DVDs (if possible, without FX)?

#2 Predator_007

Predator_007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 09:12 AM

I've been trying to work this out, but haven't yet tried ... there are two ways that I have thought of ... if you're talking about 'ripping' it digitally. If you're not, just set up a microphone in front of your TV!

Hook your computer's soundcard to the audio connectors on the back of your DVD player (this may be tricky as the connectors may only be 5.1 ...)

But perhaps better (but I have yet to try it), put the Bond DVD into your computer's DVD and go to the soundcard's control panel. Go to the input 'selector' which is normally set to record from the microphone socket and select 'What you hear' or similar (this is what Creative soundcards have). Open up your recorder app (I seem to remember there's a basic one in Windows, but you can spend hundreds on a funky one) and press record ... every sound coming out of your speakers will be recorded to a file ... just don't let it go on too long otherwise you're going to fill your hard drive. Only potential problem with this is whether the various DVD security measures allow you to do this ...

ps the FX are likely to be part of the soundtrack and very difficult to remove at a later stage ...