24 replies to this topic

#1 C. Tounes

C. Tounes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 342 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 08:47 PM

Title : Everything or Nothing/Agent Calling/ Hero Calling/ From Zero To Hero/ A Kill To Die For/ A New Day To Die.

Locations : China/Russia/Cornwall/Jamaica/Cayman Islands/New York/Las Vegas.

Cast : Pierce Brosnan/Seann William Scott (Stifler from American Pie)/Robert De Niro/Sam Mitchell Off Eastenders (as Moneypenny)/Jessica Alba/Katie Holmes (Joey Off Dawsons Creek, shes actually in her 20's)/ Michael Madsen.

Certificate : 12

#2 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 09:29 PM

Dont stop there Christmas. Lets hear some plot, I'm intrigued.

#3 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 11:12 AM

Look to this thread

http://forums.comman...28&pagenumber=2

#4 Havelock

Havelock

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 08:14 PM

1) Utilisation of MI6 office staff Miss. Moneypenny, Charles Robinson and Bill Tanner in a love triangle. Bond breaks up a fist fight between Tanner and Robinson over Moneypenny. M sees this as a perfect opportunity for sacking her enemy Tanner.
2) Tanner becomes a SIS mole giving info about MI6 and its operations to the enemy. This compromises Bond.

#5 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 25 August 2002 - 11:36 PM

Finally, somebody else who likes 'Everything or Nothing' as a title.

#6 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 07:21 PM

Have some type of acknowledgement that Bond is no spring chicken. Have him deal a bit with his mortality. TWINE was supposed to do this with his injury, but they chickened out. Call the movie "Nobody Lives Forever" and it should be a doozy. Since it will likely be Brosnan's last, hype it up that James Bond may die and the fate of the free world is closer at hand than ever.

#7 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 08:52 PM

Hey IrishCrown, those are some great ideas. Incidentally, did ya hear? The Ying to your yang has left, thats right, BondPurist is gone. Now who are you gonna spar with?

#8 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 09:09 PM

I have a urly a thread of this.

http://forums.comman...28&pagenumber=2

#9 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 05:46 PM

With Bondpurist gone, it means absolutely nothing. I sparred with him because he pissed me off. With him gone, I'm not going to spar with anyone. I go to my first class of the semester in an hour and that will be that. In between procrastination sessions (I am a college student, you know), I will pop on here and check out the latest news and throw in my 2 cents, but that's it.

#10 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 06:30 PM

An idea I had before was either 'Spectre Of The Gun' or 'Shadow Of The Gun'. They have since become seperate ideas.

'Spectre Of The Gun' was supposed to be sorta like TND in that some megalomaniac is manipulating nations into war for profit. This time it would be an international arms dealer named Arthur Argyle, head of Argyle Industries, who would use assassinations, etc. to spark a war in the Middle East. An assassination attempt in Britain would get MI6 involved. Bond would work with an Israeli Agent to stop it. Halle Berry was one of the possible Bond gilrs I was thinking of; this was before DAD.

However, in light of the current political climate in that region it wouldn't be appropriate for a Bond film.

'Shadow Of The Gun' is one I'm still working on. I'd be more intimate, that's all I've decided.

#11 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 06:32 PM

I was kidding, of course. BondPurist pissed us all off. I even started to get into it with him when he couldnt come up with anymore reasons that Hugh Jackman wouldnt be a good Bond, so he started insulting Jackman.

#12 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 06:33 PM

Jackman could work.

#13 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 06:38 PM

Show him the money and let Hugh Jackman sign up for the role. If you want to keep people after Brosnan, Jackman is the only viable choice.

#14 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 08:20 PM

He isn't my ideal choice. I really prefer Clive Owen. I'd like to see a younger James Bond anyway. Brosnan has room to go as long as he doesn't turn like Roger Moore. Yuck.

Jackman isn't what I'd call the only viable choice. Many people don't a clue as to who he is. Sure, almost noone in the US knows who Clive Owen is, but that doesn't matter either. It's James Bond. Bond is Bond to a lot of the audience. As long as it 007, people will see it.

#15 Colonel Moon

Colonel Moon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 10:24 AM

Pierce have to be Bond

#16 Colonel Moon

Colonel Moon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 10:25 AM

He can leave after 2007

#17 ThomasCrown76

ThomasCrown76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 06:58 PM

How about Matthew Perry?

{dodges the flying beer bottles}

#18 iceberg

iceberg

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 12:51 PM

Alright, here's my two cents....

TITLE: Vengeance is Mine/Revenge is Eternal/No Less Than Death/
To The Death/Death Comes To Everyone/Keep Your Enemies Closer...

THEME SONG BY: Nickelback or Creed

SETTINGS: Venice, Italy; London, England; Berlin, Germany; New York, N.Y., Christchurch, New Zealand; Great Barrier Reef islands...

BOND WOMEN:
Good Bond Girl Who Is Really Bad: Connie Nielsen (Gladiator) or Franka Potente (The Bourne Identity)...
Bad Bond Girl Who is Really Good (Or At Least Not Completely Evil): Amber Valleta (What Lies Beneath) or Charlize Theron (Sweet November) or Natasha Henstridge (Species)

VILLAIN: Sam Neill or Ralph Fiennes...

PLOT IN A NUTSHELL: Bond witnesses the assasination of a German politician and is teamed up with Helena Bruner (Nielsen or Potente), a female agent from the German secret police. They strike sparks, as neither is crazy about the other. They overcome their mutual dislike and discover that politician's murder was but the latest in a series of assasinations of powerful men around the world. It turns out that all these men were acquainted with one another. Their investigation leads to the steps of of Alistair Verdon (Fiennes or Neill -- both of whom can do decent American accents), an American tycoon in N.Y. who may or may not be behind the killings. Brenner urges Bond to infiltrate Verdon's organization. Bond uses his charms on Kristian Sharpe (Valleta or Theron or Henstridge), Verdon's gorgeous personal assistant, to gain the access that he needs. Once in, however, it becomes clear that no one who is they appear to be, and nothing is what it seems. The chase leads him from NY to New Zealand and finally the Coral Sea. It becomes clear to Bond that he needs to keep his friends close, his enemies closer, and know the difference between the two....

#19 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 01:37 PM

With regard to the successor of Pierce Brosnan, which has been discussed over and over again, unto mindlessness. All I will say is that for the series to survive, I think people should be able to at least recognize the actor. Since the U.S. is the largest audience, they should at least know the actor. In the past, actors not known as well as others have caused a lack of success, regardless of their performance. Hugh Jackman is qualified by this standard, Clive Owen is not. Clive Owen is someone I've never seen or heard of over here in the U.S.A.

#20 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 02:19 AM

Matt LeBlanc will play Bond's new CIA counterpart as they go up against the new Mr. Big, to be played by Cedric the Entertainer.

#21 HUNTER C.

HUNTER C.

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 02:47 AM

Maybe I'm just being a bit uninmaginative, but...

how can you come up with all these actors and titles when you don't even have plot ideas? These titles of revenge or ones that are the same as previous titles but just reworded could mean nothing unless you have a plot (IDEA at least) behind them. Enlisting these teenie-bopper pieces of **** actors from hit teen TV shows or movies is not exactly a great move for EON unless they're that desperate for money and viewers. The day I see Robert DiNero as a character in a Bond movie is... well I dunno.. that just won't happen, I can guarentee it. As for the locations, those, just like actors and titles, can't be decided until you have a plot!

I'm sorry I guess its just because I'm a big movie buff and I am into making movies (amateur) so I am always dealing with plot before anything else when writing a script. I'm just going to shut my mouth now about it.

As for Jackman as the next James Bond... HECK YEAH!!! He's a badass and he can act too! He's also got the charm. He may be Australian but I could care less, he's got my vote as the next Bond! If not him, then Ewan McGregor but I think I rather Hugh.

#22 solitaire

solitaire

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 09:20 PM

I would love to Rupert Everett take a stab at playing Bond. He's sexy as hell,a terrific actor,women would love him,and he would certainly add an interesting new twist to the Bond legacy. There's been talk for years of him playing a "gay" Bond type of figure,this could be it.

#23 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 06:14 AM

Originally posted by HUNTER C.
Maybe I'm just being a bit uninmaginative, but...

how can you come up with all these actors and titles when you don't even have plot ideas? These titles of revenge or ones that are the same as previous titles but just reworded could mean nothing unless you have a plot (IDEA at least) behind them. Enlisting these teenie-bopper pieces of **** actors from hit teen TV shows or movies is not exactly a great move for EON unless they're that desperate for money and viewers. The day I see Robert DiNero as a character in a Bond movie is... well I dunno.. that just won't happen, I can guarentee it. As for the locations, those, just like actors and titles, can't be decided until you have a plot!  

I agree. :) I really prefer more unknown actors. Huge actors are kinda boring, really.

And good Bond titles can be hard, atleast really good ones. 'Shadow of the Gun' isn't perfect, but I actually like it a lot. The current idea behind it has to do with assassination. I was thinking of someone going after Bond himself, but this is too much like TMWTGG. If hell froze over and this movie was made, much of it would be shot in Britain.. maybe.

A lot of it would be on the estate of a British Duke or something. I'd get Keira Knightley as the daughter and the pretitle sequence would be a top a Japanese high-speed train. Actually, I'm not even sure if that's physically possible.

OK, that was a bit disorganized. :)

#24 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 02:57 PM

You want fresh ideas?

James Bond goes to the Ozarks. He takes on a rich industrialist who has several deformities due to the selective inbreeding in his family. Bond has some terrific car chases through the Ozark Mountains. He takes in the shows. Terrific scenery. Who could be the Bond girl? She could be a down on her luck actress who does shows there. Instead of the villain who wants to rule the world, why not just have him want to rule all of Silver Dollar City?

Just a thought. I didn't think this idea has been done yet, and the title of this thread is Fresh Bond 21 Ideas.

#25 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 05:05 PM

If thats a fresh idea, give me megalomaniacal villians who want to rule the world anyday.