10 replies to this topic

#1 ThomasCrown76

ThomasCrown76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 03:09 PM

This is probably one of the best cues on The Livinf Daylights soundtrack. It's got a really great mixture of meanness, nastiness, and sexy brass that classic Bond music should have. It helps to support the character of Necros really well, and lends a great atmosphere to the film like maybe this really is the same guy we knew and loved from the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang years. I hope I'm not too full of **** here with this post. I just really like this song from the movie--much better than the ****ty theme song by The New Kids On The Aha, or whoever the hell they were. I really hate that theme song.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 12:09 AM

Actually I think you're right. I don't prefer it to Aha's theme, but it is very catch. In fact, just reading the title has got my singing it :)

#3 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 02:52 AM

The Living Daylights had some of the best music Bond ever had. There is no track on that CD I dislike. I think Moonraker, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service, and Goldfinger are the only other soundtracks that share this trait (for me).

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 11:09 PM

This should have been the main theme. It is far superior to th a-ha effort and is so emphatic throughout the score.

It's definitely the cue that peopl come away from the movie humming.

#5 jetsetwilly

jetsetwilly

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 02:42 PM

If There Was a Man was better, but Where Has Everybody Gone is a great action theme. But then again, The Living Daylights sounds great as an instrumental (during the raid on the airbase, for example) - it's just a-ha that ruin it.

#6 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 04:56 PM

it's a good song.....and there's nothing wrong with the theme.....A-ha was great....

#7 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 03:59 AM

Where Has Everybody Gone is a great song. I even used it and a couple other tracks on soundtracks to student films I did when I was in college. I even got pretty good grades on those if I remember correctly.

I'm also partial to the TLD soundtrack. I don't hate the A-Ha song as much as everybody else does. Then again, my tastes run a little differently when it comes to title songs. I am probably one of the few people who thinks the Sherly Crowe song from TND is good. On the other hand, I think the Garbage title on TWINE was below-par and others seem to like it.

I am partial to the TLD soundtrack, probably my favorite of the entire series. All three vocal songs, the alternate end credits track and anything with the Necros theme are winners.

#8 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 04:09 AM

Where has everybody gone is a great track suitble for Necros.

Still, (with out seeing a video or something to picture it) I could never figure out how Chrissie Hynde could sing this haunting song and then turn around and sing the beautiful song "if there was a man"
(another great song)

#9 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 04:11 AM

Does anyone know if the TLD soundtrack is still in print? I may just have to give it a listen now...

As for A-Ha's contribution....the song was OK...but that is definately not my favorite A-Ha effort, or my favorite Bond theme. As to another song being superior...I need to hear the other songs first.

-- Xenobia

#10 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 09:19 PM

Xen, it has been recently (1998) issued by Rykodisc, I tihnk it may have been deleted, but you're sure to find the odd copy knocking about like the proverbial old tart on a street corner, if you want to buy one, I'll hunt you one out if you like. :)

#11 boeserzwilling

boeserzwilling

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 09:33 PM

I love that A-ha song. Last month they showed a live-performance of them on TV. They where one of the headliners of the biggest German summer festival and when they performed TLD, the whole audience shouted the refrain. It was great.