231 replies to this topic

#211 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

Seeing this in about an hour. I hope it lives up to all the hype.

#212 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:49 AM

I saw it tonight and I loved it. BTW, stay after the credits are finished !

#213 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:14 AM

I hope it lives up to all the hype.

It does. :tup:

#214 Navy007Fan

Navy007Fan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:36 AM

Just saw it, and I liked it, alot!!!! RDJ did a great job as Stark. Overall, very well done!

#215 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:41 AM

There's a good thread going on at Millarword on how Faverau was talked out of his original plan to use the Mandarin as the main bad guy. It also touches on the reimagining of the ten rings into a terrorist organisiation.

http://forums.millar...o...=80851&st=0

#216 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:29 PM

It's a fun movie, but it drags on for about a half hour until the final showdown. The showdown itself is a little disappointing, though. Still, it's a lot of fun and something best experienced on the big screen. It's a hell of a lot better than any of the overly-serious Spider-man movies.

But Iron Man doesn't make me any more likely to see Hulk or any of the other Marvel heroes. Sorry, but they're pretty lame and just not as interesting as Batman or Superman (or James Bond or Indiana Jones).

#217 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:33 AM

It's a fun movie, but it drags on for about a half hour until the final showdown. The showdown itself is a little disappointing, though. Still, it's a lot of fun and something best experienced on the big screen. It's a hell of a lot better than any of the overly-serious Spider-man movies.

But Iron Man doesn't make me any more likely to see Hulk or any of the other Marvel heroes. Sorry, but they're pretty lame and just not as interesting as Batman or Superman (or James Bond or Indiana Jones).

The Marvel movies overall suck. I think you should watch out for this new Hulk movie. It's looking good and it's going to be alot better then Ang Lee's crap. This Hulk is actually going to have a character. Also, I felt Iron Man was way better then Superman Returns.

Edited by Mister E, 11 May 2008 - 10:36 AM.

#218 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:21 AM

The Marvel movies overall suck. I think you should watch out for this new Hulk movie. It's looking good and it's going to be alot better then Ang Lee's crap. This Hulk is actually going to have a character. Also, I felt Iron Man was way better then Superman Returns.

Agreed. I love Donner's Superman to death but the new movie was lacking.Iron Man was a better movie.

#219 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

Why am I the only one that doesn't find this movie the least bit appealing?

Well, you're not. I've absolutely no interest in seeing this film.

As far as I'm concerned, next year's franchise viewing will be limited to JOHN RAMBO, INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, BOND 22 and just possibly THE DARK KNIGHT and STAR TREK. I don't like much, but I know what I like.

Well, there goes a world-class open mind. Come on, live a little--see it and don't tell us. :tup:

#220 Odd Job

Odd Job

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:13 AM

I saw IM last Friday and really enjoyed it, mostly because of Robert Downey Jr's performance. Agree with most reviewers that the climatic battle was a little underwhelming, but overall a really fun movie. Interestingly enough, I was the only person in the theatre who stayed right until the end of the credits. I felt very conspicuous but it was worth it for that bonus scene. Did anyone else find themselves alone in the cinema, marvelling at the number of stuntmen used in the film, pressure on your bladder (I had an extra-large coke), impatient for the credits to end?

#221 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:49 PM

I saw IM last Friday and really enjoyed it, mostly because of Robert Downey Jr's performance. Agree with most reviewers that the climatic battle was a little underwhelming, but overall a really fun movie. Interestingly enough, I was the only person in the theatre who stayed right until the end of the credits. I felt very conspicuous but it was worth it for that bonus scene. Did anyone else find themselves alone in the cinema, marvelling at the number of stuntmen used in the film, pressure on your bladder (I had an extra-large coke), impatient for the credits to end?

I know, I know, I split at The End. But I'll catch Sam Jackson's surprise cameo and the other goodies you mentioned when I see IM again this weekend. Cheers. And from here on I'll sit through the credits of everything I see.

#222 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

I'm going to get Stark's cell phone (LG VX9400)! :tup:

#223 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:40 PM

...late breaking news, folks...

Rumour has it that Prince Caspian's relative performance to Iron Man in this Spring's Derby has shaken it's team owner's confidence for the race to be held in two years:

The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader, which was originally scheduled by owner Walt Disney to enter the Spring '10 race on May 7, 2010, may be pushed back because of Tony Stark's recently scheduled entry only seven days earlier...on April 30, 2010.

All hail Iron Man!

:tup:

#224 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:22 PM

I'm going to get Stark's cell phone (LG VX9400)! :tup:

I take that back. It would cost $299.99 instead of the discounted $129.99 because I'm already on a plan with an existing phone. :tup:

#225 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:59 AM

Came across this on Comingsoon.net regarding the sequel to Iron Man:

Theroux to Script Iron Man Sequel

#226 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:06 AM

Anybody know when the DVD will be released?

#227 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

Came across this on Comingsoon.net regarding the sequel to Iron Man:

Theroux to Script Iron Man Sequel

Hmm.

I hope IRON MAN 2 has a stronger narrative than the first. They need to find a really good villain.

#228 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

Yes, Chris. September 30, 2008.

#229 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:54 AM

Yes, Chris. September 30, 2008.

Show-off. :tup: :tup:

#230 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:39 PM

Posted Image

#231 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:26 PM

2-Disc Edition Cover Art

#232 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

That 2 disc edition cover is markedly better. Nice, bright and gleaming.