Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 04:23 PM

This is from ComingSoon at http://www.comingsoon.net

Die Another Day Footage from Down Under
Wednesday, August 21, 2002 10:03 CDT

Dark Horizons reports that ten minutes worth of footage from Die Another Day was shown at the Australian Intl. Movie Convention and here's a rundown...

The clip started off with Bond and a fellow agent (Colin Salmon) in an office hallway sneaking down and taking out armed guys in black outfits who seem to be conducting a raid. Bond steps into an office and there's M held at gunpoint in front of one of the men. Bond takes a few steps forward, pauses and then fires (cut to black). Lots of stuff is seen - Rick Yune appears in many scenes with a bald head, pale eyes and these wierd silver metallic stretch mark style rivulets down half his face. M comments to Bond welcoming him 'back' as such from what sounds like a retirement, there's the ice car chase which looks spectacular, Berry popping out of the water in her bikini, lots of scenes involving lasers, and the money shot - an awesome FX scene where it looks like half a forest explodes upwards from a shockwave. A bit of the plot is elaborated upon - a stunt where a man parachutes into Buckingham Palace introduces us to the Richard Branson-esque Gustav Graves whose developing a satellite technology called Icarus which will in effect create a 'second sun' of sorts. However like all baddies there's a lot more to it than that.

#2 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 05:07 PM

nice:)

#3 daman3755

daman3755

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 05:17 PM

Beaten to the punch. Oh well. But look at the specs here though. It took FOX to screen this 10 minute footage, not MGM. (Hmm, I wonder if MGM will do the same bit for key people in the American film community...) The best part of all is next week Garth at 'Dark Horizons' will have

I think new information here is that
Spoiler
Whoa now, that clears up the whole who-gets-their-face-changed dilemma. If it isn't
Spoiler
then it has to be none other than
Spoiler
Interesting.

I also enjoyed the news on the money shot -
Spoiler
Holy snap. The more I hear about this movie, the more I am liking it lots, and I haven't seen barely any footage from it yet. The guys who are making up this stuff (Purvis and Wade, and anyone else who had a hand in the script) are doing a fantastic job.

The biggest surprise is the news of the 400 something CG FX shots, about 20-30 times that of an average Bond film. There were that many shots in 'Spider-Man' alone. That tells you just how big this flick really is, and how much the budget is too. (The stories of a $100 mil plus budget are true.) Well, the trailer will be coming soon and, folks, it's time for a Bond revolution.

#4 Mourning Becomes Electra

Mourning Becomes Electra

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 05:48 PM

This was probably the same 10 minutes reportedly aired at the International Cinema Expo back in June/July for distributors by MGM. It's great to get a breakdown of it though :) Thanks for the report!

#5 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 06:23 PM

I really like it, good stuff. Especially the forrest blowing up, interesting.

#6 C. Tounes

C. Tounes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 08:13 PM

A forest blowing up... sheesh... This couldn't be where the Eden Project fits in could it ?

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 10:12 PM

That sounds absolutely awesome I have to confess! I really can't wait to see all of that on the big screen! The FX shot sounds great, in fact, it all does!

Very clever to see that they've kept the VR Machine as a non-obvious item. Most viewers would have assumed that Bond shot M.

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 10:21 PM

Just noticed that Garth made a report on his own site saying that the footage should be used to make a trailer soon.

#9 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 22 August 2002 - 03:28 AM

Originally posted by daman3755
The biggest surprise is the news of the 400 something CG FX shots, about 20-30 times that of an average Bond film.

:eek: Right, that's enough! I've read enough! :eek:

Never thought I'd say and do this, but Blofeld's Cat has just become a "no-DAD-spoiler" member as of NOW!

This is just getting too good and from now on I don't want to know anymore until I see it on the big screen in all its glory.

Not too sure if I'll last the distance, but I'm going to give it a shot.
:)

#10 daman3755

daman3755

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 03:30 AM

*feels blood rush in his veins* Ooh, a trailer, and it comes out this September too. Smart move would be place it in front of "Ecks Versus Sever" or "Trapped." Oh boy oh BOYYY!

#11 Martin

Martin

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 06:18 PM

Excellent report. It gives me great hope about the movie.