Later Adaptions

3 replies to this topic

#1 IndyJones

IndyJones

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 11:15 PM

Out of the original Bonds novels by Benson and Gardner which ones do you think should be made into James Bond films? If I had my choice I would adapt the Union trilogy by Raymond Benson. I loved Doubleshot the most out of those three books and is still my favorite Bond novel. Well all of Benson's books should be made into movies since I think all of them are very good. I have only read three of Gardner's original Bond novels and all the three books are my three least favorite books of Bond. I read Licence Renewed, For Special Services, and Nobody Lives Forever. I gave Licence Renewed and Nobody Lives Forever three out of four stars and For Special Services three and a half stars and all of Benson's original books of Bond I gave three and a half out of four stars. Well out of the three Gardner books I read I would say For Special Services should be made into a film. What do you all think?

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 11:25 PM

I'd back the Union Trilogy...and then RED TATTOO. Of Gardner...I'd agree with you that FSS might make the best film.

#3 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 11:27 PM

For Special Services is still a favorite of mine. Great teaser. One of the best moments is Bond asking M to ship the Saab to the US.

I think I'll re-read that one next.

#4 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 02:48 AM

I'd kind of like them to go the route they went late in the series, use titles and bits and pieces of the stories, rather than straight adapatations..