12 replies to this topic

#1 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

Whether it is the fun single player or the exciting bot-killing in multiplayer, NightFire is "the last great Bond video game" in my opinion. What are your thoughts?

#2 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:13 PM

Sorry, but I found the game's presentation and packaging to be p*ss poor. Though I did like driving the mountain terrain Aston....

To be fair, I'm no gamer...

Edited by Zorin Industries, 17 May 2007 - 07:14 PM.

#3 SPECTRE ASSASSIN

SPECTRE ASSASSIN

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4247 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:23 AM

I agree. I think part of the reason why i like this game better then the last ones because it was the last first-person shooter.

I'm still waiting for the Bond game which feature all six Bonds.

#4 EL7

EL7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:11 AM

What I think makes this game work is that it deal with more action then story, nothin' wrong with games with a story, but the scritps for EON and FRWL weren't done well.

#5 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:06 AM

GoldenEye: The Last Great Bond Video Game

#6 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:10 PM

I agree. I think part of the reason why i like this game better then the last ones because it was the last first-person shooter.

I definitely prefer FPS. I hope the next Bond game goes back to this...IMO there is nothing more dull than using the third person "lock on" targeting. It just doesn't allow for much skill.

#7 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

[mra]Didn

#8 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

Didn’t like NightFire. Probably the only Bond game I bought new and didn’t bother to finish. To me the controls were just weird. I like first person shooters, just not for Bond. For Bond the FPS seems to genericise the game. It doesn’t seem like Bond.

I didn't like it either, but I admit I had the PC version, which is not as good as the console version. I have played the console version though.

The only EA Bond game that I really liked was Everything or Nothing. From Russia with Love was alright, but I consider it to be a big lazy rehash. If it didn't have Sean Connery voicing Bond then I probably would have rated it even worse.

Hate to tell you Asterix, but the next Bond game by Acitivision and Treyarch will probably be FPS with a certain amount of third-person perspective thrown in. Last time I checked anyway.

#9 mrsbonds_ppk

mrsbonds_ppk

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1297 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:05 AM

Nightfire! Nightfire is good I was playing it recently trying to end it, but it wasn't the last great Bond game to me. Goldeneye was so fun I couldn't stop playing it then Everything or Nothing. I still haven't played FRWL fully except on a demo and I thought that was pretty good. I now prefer 3rd person shooter

#10 The Richmond Spy

The Richmond Spy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1586 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:24 AM

...the next Bond game by Acitivision and Treyarch will probably be FPS with a certain amount of third-person perspective thrown in. Last time I checked anyway.

I hope so! After two third-person's in a row (EON, FRWL), I think an FPS would switch things up nicely.

#11 CBCOOLEST

CBCOOLEST

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 01:24 PM

Nightfire is indeed still an actively played game. There are more than 200 frequenter and some more hundred players that play the game from time. Over the last 3-4 years the number of players has not decreased greatly, nor the ratio of new and old players has not changed much. Apparently, some new people come to Nightfire everyday.

The most active forum:
No, it is not this one. It is the Nightfire Clan Forum [ http://nightfire-cla...rum.freepgs.com ]. There are topics from clans, new players introducing themselves, Nightfire tools, etc. Give some of the latest topics a read in order to find out more about current issues of the NF Community.

Getting to know Nightfire player:
Games, such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike, use the Steam platform for server listing and friend listing and chats. If you would like to use similar functions for Nightfire try GameSpy Arcade [ http://www.gamespyarcade.com ]. Nearly all of the die-hard Nightfire player use this tool to chat with many other player in the Nightfire lobby or in their own rooms while watching the server list for their favourite servers. A non-plus ultra for every Nightfire player. There are usually between 30 to 80 people online in the Nightfire Gamespy Lobby, depending on the day and time.

The major league:
In case you want to have some informations about clan matches taking place in Nightfire the Nightfire Bond League is where it is happening [ http://www.nfbl.com ]. The most succesful clans play in a tournament on a weekly base under a solid, comprehensive set of rules.

General informations about Nightfire:
Anything from maps, console commands, modification and other sorts of downloads can be found on 009's Nightfire Pro Fair Play Site [ http://www.009.web-fun.net/nightfire ]. Get some starter tricks on Nightfire and consult the rich FAQ for any kind of questions.

More useful Nightfire tools and map downloads:
On Nightfire BSP Source [ http://nfbsp.glovi.net/ ] you can find some useful tweaking tools for your game, as well as, all sorts of programs and informations you would need to create new maps for Nightfire. New, finished custom maps can also be found there.

So all there is left to say is, enjoy the game and play fair and nicely.

#12 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:29 PM

For multiplayer, I agree (although From Russia With Love does have a pretty fun multiplayer, EON's I thought was awful with the exception of the co-op missions).

For singleplayer, I thought EON was much more fun. It has more missions and a more interesting story.

#13 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

it was a good game but i dont think it was the last great bond video game. i thought everything or nothing was better overall, although the multiplayer battles werent that good, and from russia with love was good too, although not as good as everything or nothing