10 replies to this topic

#1 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:15 PM

I posted this in the Fifth Brosnan Movie thread and realised I hadn't posted it here, so am doing so. It's too big to stick in an attachment (I tried) and I don't want to loose the script formatting by copying and pasting so am linking to it - hopefully that will be okay with everyone.

Anyway -

A few friends and I speculated about what we'd have liked to see as the fictional fifth Brosnan and came up with the following - titled SilverKnight - and wrote the script, releasing it over Christmas.

Here's a link to the script: HERE

Essentially:

Bond is on the trail of a biological weapon that has been modified to only attack people of an Afro-Carribean heritage. His journey takes him from the Vatican, where he meets a prominent Christian philanthropist, Reverand Xavier Kiss, to Beijing, where he encounters old friend Wai Lin and American agent Risque Wilder, before arriving in America and discovering Kiss' villainous tendencies, KKK and Neo-Nazi past, his daughter Delilah (who has been masquerading as Risque) and a plot to detonate the biological weapon at the swearing in ceremony of the first African-American President of the USA.

*phew*

Well, that's what we thought the next Brosnan movie could have been.

The script is hosted HERE along with casting and character notes.

#2 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

Has nobody read this at all ?

#3 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:15 PM

Let me bump this after a while and just say this was a fantastic script, and it's a real shame for those who haven't yet read it. Along with ACE's short outline for "Shatterhand," this is exactly the kind of film I would have liked to see succeed "DAD." It's just got so many rich moments that make it feel cinematic, such as Bond ripping off the priest's robes to reveal his suit underneath, the introduction to Robinson aboard the British Airways flight ("Stirred, not shaken" :P) the "invisible Q" scene with the Mercedes, the return of Wai Lin, and many, many more. It was one of the few fan scripts that grabbed my attention from the very beginning and never let go. I also listened to "Karma Killer" while reading the main titles, so that might have helped. :D

Edited by coco1997, 03 January 2008 - 08:35 AM.

#4 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

Thanks for the comments on the script, I thought people didn't like it as nobody seemed to have commented.

Not sure I've read Ace's Shatterhand outline but I'd love to take a look at it sometime since his work has been great.

I only did the early outline on which my friend, Tony, wrote the script so some of the moments you mention can't be atributed to me. The sequence with Robinson was in the outline from the first draft, the return of Wai Lin (although it was originally Anya Amassova, along with a cameo from Valentin Zhukovsky).

I also brought 'Karma Killer' to the table, it sounds very Bondian, I think, and when we listened to the lyrics it actually fitted the movie.

#5 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

Very very good start! I must say I like the way you introduced our hero - on the job so to speak! Viva L'Italia. Well, I am now going to read it all.

Harry

Edited by Harry Fawkes, 28 January 2008 - 05:21 PM.

#6 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:07 PM

Hope you like it as much as I'm enjoying Spearhead!

#7 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:09 PM

From what I've read so far it's a knock out!

#8 Chaz

Chaz

Discharged

• Discharged
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:19 AM

Harry Fawlks,

I think you are a great writer i enjoyed SPEARHEAD it was very good

#9 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:24 AM

Harry Fawlks,

I think you are a great writer i enjoyed SPEARHEAD it was very good

If you liked that short story, you'll love his novel - Nobody Cheats Death!

#10 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

Argh! Why the heck didn't EON get their hands on this script after DAD! :tup:

Is all I can say is bloody well done terminus.

I think it was a great experience reading a script like this although I wouldn't mind seeing it in book form one day. The details were fab and the action kept me on the edge of my seat. It would have been a good swan song for Brosnan in fact. Keep up the good work and waiting anxiously for your next script!

As for you Chaz thanks a million for the compliment! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I am going to read yours tonight and can say so far from what I've read I am going to enjoy it!

#11 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:36 PM

I think it was a great experience reading a script like this although I wouldn't mind seeing it in book form one day. The details were fab and the action kept me on the edge of my seat. It would have been a good swan song for Brosnan in fact. Keep up the good work and waiting anxiously for your next script!

My primary duty was writing the outline on which my friend wrote the movie, he's done a great job in bringing my thoughts to the page and much better than I could probably have done on my own.

We're currently hashing out details for our second Bond movie and I'm almost done with my draft of the outline - it will go through a few more revisions, I'm sure, but we hope to release a second later this year.

Provisionally titled 'Risico', it will be a Daniel Craig movie. I've also got an Alternative Bond 22 in the works with someone else which is untitled at the moment but will feature Pierce Brosnan again.

Re: book form? I'm not sure we could do the script justice, I'm sure if anyone was interested in trying to novelise the script, they'd be welcome to ask us if they could do it.