This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

When will you read the Bond20 Novelization?

9 replies to this topic

#1 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 25 February 2002 - 11:26 PM

Most people'll probably try to wait until after seeing the movie. I'm sure, as I did with TWINE, that I'll probably end up reading it as soon as I get a hold of it but I may try to restrain myself. Also, I'm likely to read it before seeing it as I usually enjoy reading the books more than watching the movies.

What do you guys think you'll do?

#2 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 10:28 AM

After reading the TWINE novelisation before seeing the film, I promised myself that I would read the Bond 20 novelisation after seeing the film. But I'll probably give in to temptation.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 12:00 AM

When will I read it? As soon as I get my hands on the book. I always have done that. However, in the past (before I had my own credit card) that's always been after seeing the film. This time I'll get it before and read it straight away!

#4 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 01:55 AM

Speaking of the B20 (zencat's nifty abbreviation for it from another topic) novilization, when can it be expected. October is what I'm thinking. This time I'm gonna pre-order a copy from amazon UK as soon as it's available. (Which would be damned easier when, if, we get the title.)

Anyone know when Raymond usually gets a copy of the script to do the book? (If he goes to James Page's site, he can make a quick $1000 then. :) ) Lucky him, gets to find out what happnes before the rest of us.

#5 James Page

James Page

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • PipPipPip
  • 1456 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 12:46 AM

As soon as I can get it.

*James dribbles at the thought of being able to ensure that all the published Internet information was 100% accurate*

#6 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 25 February 2002 - 11:49 PM

Ah, the novelisations; the last, greatest, and biggest spoiler of them all. The cover should say 'Highlight to Read' on it. I bought Benson's The World Is Not Enough a week before the film came out with a promise to myself that I would wait until after I got home from the theatre to read it. That promise lasted 5 hours. Darn tooting, I'll read the Bond 20 novelisation before seeing the film, even if I don't mean to.

#7 ray t

ray t

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 02 March 2002 - 02:27 AM

I want to see the movie a few times in the first couple of weeks before i pick up the book. lets face it, benson's work is not going to be an original. once i've digested the gun barrel, the teaser, the song along with kleinman's titles, arnold's score, the action, the witty dialogue, the drama and a plot twist or two in what i hope will be a MAJESTIC EPIC of a motion picture, i'll only then be interested in the details of certain characters (STAMPER'S kinky appetite for p

#8 RossMan

RossMan

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 02 March 2002 - 01:19 AM

I'm not bothered too much by spoilers anymore. Probably since I read TWINE before seeing it so wasn't surprised at the Elektra twist.

#9 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 02 March 2002 - 12:24 AM

After i see the movie. I don't want to spoil the movie knowing every scene. I want to be surprised and amazed when i see the movie.

#10 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 02:14 PM

I won't read it at all probably but if the film is good I'll go and buy it the day after and then pick away at it. I have a no book before I see the film policy ever since Bridget Jones's Diary (which left out chunks of the book) and watching Harry Potter with my friends ("Oh they've left out that bit"). Also I think it'd spoil the film for me... as I like films better than books I'd rather see it up on the screen then on the page. And if I did buy it before I wouldn't be anywhere near reading the twist until weeks after the movie had come out!! lol