9 replies to this topic

#1 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 09:03 PM

Does anyone remember the old 007 theme? It was used in the old Connery films, and I have'nt heard it for ages. It played a few times in FRWL, at the gypsy camp fight and on the Orient Express. The last time I remember it being played was in MR, during the Glastron speedboat chase in Brazil. Should this be played in future films? I don't think so, because it wouldn't fit the times, it wasn't a really modern theme.

#2 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 09:35 PM

This has been discussed alot. A while back it was rumored that David Arnold was going to use it during the car chase in Iceland, but I've not heard anymore about that. I personally like it and think it could be modernized nicely by Arnold.

#3 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 09:37 PM

I agree with you there Paul, a bit of jazzing up, and they could have the perfect 007 theme.

#4 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 09:45 PM

One of my favorite tracks!

I can only imagine the "ice ballet" between the AM & Jag in DAD with Arnold's take on it.

On one vacation, I had the chance to take a wetbike out for a spin and I brought along my discman with an assortment of Bond music. Buzzing along an exotic coast with John Barry blasting through my earphones on a sunny day was priceless.

...where WAS the camera crew and some goons to give chase?

#5 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 11:18 PM

I'd love to see David Arnold do A 007 Theme revamp. Unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen though.

#6 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 04:14 PM

It is actually Tanger, despair not, people, Arnold will be revamping the 007 Theme for Die Another Day with the help of some glass handbells, the theme will be played during the chase between the Jag and the Aston Martin Vanquish on the frozen lake, a sequence you often see during snippets from the film.

The theme itself was composed by Barry when the producers let him loose on From Russia With Love, and is know as the 'second Bond theme', so far it has played on From Russia With Love, Thunderball, Diamonds Are Forever and it's last appearance was in Moonraker. Trust David Arnold to come up with something special for the 40th Anniversary!

#7 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 06:26 PM

Yes! Another former Bond theme coming back after a long wait, hurray!:)

#8 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 10:17 PM

I thought that was discarded as a rumour months ago?

And it also appeared in YOLT.

#9 melv

melv

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 11:27 AM

I've already posted this elsewhere - so apologies in advance - but seems more appropriate here. Having heard that Arnold wants to recycle even more John Barry stuff (see latest news), I suspect there are few remaining non-film-specific themes apart from the old 007 theme for Arnold to re-use? His comments could be taken as a very encouraging sign, could they not?

#10 Se

Se

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 06:50 PM

I strongly feel that Arnold should do a YOLT-restiled version for Bond travelling to Hong-Kong in DAD. Afterall, it's the 40th anniversary.
Maybe also a FYEO-theme in the surf sequence?
Do you think anything else should come back?