This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Gamespot Preview NightFire - New Art Work Also Revealed (PC)

10 replies to this topic

#1 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 10:53 AM

Posted Image

The new art work for the NightFire logo is enough to show you how good the game is looking out to be. But if you're not already drooling, if you take a look at some of the new screenshots that have come about on the new Gamespot preview, you'll be sure to start!

Posted Image

The preview goes into the differences between the console versions and the PC version of the game, clearly stating that the PC one is the more unique. The PC version will unfortunately not feature the driving and flying levels - but to make up for the loss, Gearbox has added PC specific levels that make the game longer than any of the console versions. Aswell as this, there is the Online Multiplayer feature which will add lots more excitement to the game (at last, I can settle the dispute of me being the best Bond gamer :)). Hopefully with this, we'll see mod capabilites (as we talked about earlier this year) which will allow the creation of fan based maps and skins - imagine running around in Blofeld's Volcano - one map I'd love to see created by someone!

Posted Image

Each area in NightFire will be more exotic than the next, finally culminating in the most exotic location on Earth: the stratosphere. The final mission in the game takes place aboard a low-gravity space station, which is clearly a tribute to Moonraker.

For more, be sure to check out the article over at Gamespot!

#2 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 05:55 PM

wow those are cool images!!!!

first the new logo is very cool!

also those images of the scenery and big rooms are quite splendid.

the X-ray glasses are unbeleivable.

thinking back on the last 10 years of bond gaming, this is perhaps the biggest breakthrough yet!!!!

#3 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 06:40 PM

The story so far - Goldeneye 64 no#1 game (best selling N64 game to date).

Let's hope at least NightFire can equal Goldeneye - from what I'm seeing, it looks very much so!

I think that the multiplayer feature for the game will boost the game as none of the previous Bond games have had online multiplayer gaming (this is the first time Bond has come to the PC).

I can't wait for the fan mod community - fan maps etc...I'd really love to see someone create Blofeld's Volcano! :) Any game modder's out there, there's a challenge for you!

#4 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 10:19 PM

It's about time they released it for PC. Console games are fun, but there's only so much one can do. A PC game with editing capabilities can be fun for much longer.

I can't wait to see some of the custom skins. Imagine seeing Blofeld being gunned down by Pussy Galore...

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 10:43 PM

I just read in the GamesSpot article (think it was anyway) that NightFire has been in production on the PC for over a year!

But I have to say, I'm disappointed we won't get the driving or flying levels. That would be really cool. Ah well, I'm gonna have to find a friend with a PS2 for those two.

Bond really needs a driving game for the PC to compete with NFS et al

#6 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 10:51 PM

Originally posted by PaulZ108
I can't wait to see some of the custom skins.  Imagine seeing Blofeld being gunned down by Pussy Galore...

...or Nick Nack gunning down Jaws. Now that'd be an interesting game. Anyway, this is looking good. I especially like that logo. The red, black and white really go well together. And the screenshots are phenomenal. Those X-Ray Specs are interesting.

#7 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 12:10 AM

To me, the significance of a title is how you display it. With a lower case 'n' the title does not look all that good. A capital 'N' would make more of an impact.
As for the two versions, I'll probably get both (same as I did withe TWINE on PSX and N64).
As soon as I come back from holiday (Orlando, Florida in 1 week!! 2nd time!!! YAH!!) I'm getting a PS2 with all my hard earned 'summer job money'.
The first game I buy will definitely be Agent Under Fire and then GTA3 which is possibly the greatest game ever created.

#8 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 02:01 PM

I'd never noticed the logo up there before...I guess I skimmed the thread the first time. I personally like it better with the lowercase "n".

I'm getting a PS2 with all my hard earned 'summer job money'.
The first game I buy will definitely be Agent Under Fire and then GTA3 which is possibly the greatest game ever created.

I got GTA3 back in December and I'm still playing it. It's brilliant.

#9 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 04:10 PM

Well, nothing more to say. If Nightfire will be better than Agent under fire, it will be brilliant.
Just one question: why would someone make a tribute to "Moonraker"?
:-)

#10 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 18 August 2002 - 06:27 PM

I have to say that a PC game would be the most appropriate place for Bond to visit the Moonraker space station in. More appropriate than Moonraker itself anyway! :)

#11 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 03:39 AM

can't wait for some fan created locales....now that will be cool...