15 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 12:10 AM

Electronic Arts announced earlier today that actor Pierce Brosnan is set to 'star' in NightFire. Of course, he won't be seen in quite the same way as he will in Die Another Day. EA reached an agreement with Pierce to use the actor's likeness for the game.

"Pierce Brosnan and Bond have created an unbeatable combination for the franchise over the past few years, so we're excited to have Pierce aboard to help deliver to fans the ultimate Bond experience," says Chip Lange, VP of Electronic Arts marketing. "I am confident that together, Pierce Brosnan, EA and NightFire will make for the most dynamic and appealing Bond game yet."

Neil Haldar, Vice President of Production and Business Development for MGM Interactive, observes, "We welcome this fantastic opportunity to collaborate with Brosnan, who so masterfully personifies James Bond, and to re-team with a great partner like Electronic Arts on Nightfire to deliver the finest integration of creativity and technology to date."

NightFire is scheduled for a simultaneous release on the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, Xbox video game system , Nintendo GameCube and PC-CD. The release of the game will occur world-wide in November, to co-incide with the release of Die Another Day.

#2 Max Zorin007

Max Zorin007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 04:03 AM

The game sounds cool, with brosnan and all, but I don't think it will be the most dynamic and appealing game. Goldeneye is definately the best. I didn't like agent under fire because it didn't go long the lines of a real movie. Now if EA made Live and let die or Goldfinger then we would have a blessing eh.

#3 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 04:11 AM

I wonder why they are not releasing a Die Another Day game. It would be much more succesfull.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 04:14 AM

I keep wondering if all of a sudden they'll tell us that NightFire is really Die Another Day. That would be clever marketing to a point!

#5 Max Zorin007

Max Zorin007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 03:45 PM

Yea that would be cool. and for all of you austin powers fans here (myself included) there will be an austin powers game released before christmas.

#6 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 20 July 2002 - 12:40 AM

Will they get Pierce to do the voice for Bond ? Might as well if they are getting his likeness I think.

#7 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 20 July 2002 - 01:30 AM

This is great news. I'm so glad that Bond will actually look like Pierce. It's interesting, because this isn't actually based on a specific movie. If what Blue Eyes said turns out to be true, then that would be a surprise! And maybe Pierce will lend his voice, too. If not, the voice technology from the TWINE game was pretty realistic.

#8 Max Zorin007

Max Zorin007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 July 2002 - 06:07 PM

this has nohin to do with bond...........if any of you have played metal gear solid 2 and u know how to activate the tuxedo, please tell me.

#9 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 21 July 2002 - 12:57 AM

Pierce had better be careful. He might find himself replaced by himself in Bond 21. :)

#10 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 10:17 PM

It'll be good to see Pierce as Bond in a game again, but I sort of liked the Bond from Agent Under Fire. Sort of a combination of the features of all 5 with a Conneryish voice.

#11 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 12:16 AM

Anything with Pierces' image on is sure to be popular. As much As I liked that Connery/Lazenby/Moore/Dalton/Brosnan wannabe who stole Connery's voice, I don't think the general public clicked with him and many didn't know what it meant.
If Pierces Bond is in Nightfire then I'd buy it!!

BTW, Love the little box under the threads where you can type your reply quickly and easily without the hassle of buttons.
How long has it been here? I can't say I've noticed it before.

#12 007_JamesBond

007_JamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 August 2002 - 01:56 AM

I have heard about this and all i have to say is that it is about time, go to the source and the game will be awsome I can not wait for it to come out though, any clue on when it will be out

#13 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 17 August 2002 - 01:57 AM

EBgames.com says 11/18/02 for all versions.

#14 007_JamesBond

007_JamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 August 2002 - 07:08 PM

of course I should have guessed around the time DAD will be out

#15 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 18 August 2002 - 06:13 PM

Now all we need is hope that NF will be better than it sounds. The marketing all seems like the same stuff EA spewed for AUF. All that 'stealth OR gunz a blazin'', and 'fantastic AI' **** that was untrue. But I'm hoping...

#16 Pierce Bond 007

Pierce Bond 007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 11:17 AM

That is going to be great:) Pierce is going to star in NF. He beats the other :). Well good to have Pierce aboard.