5 replies to this topic

#1 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 06:50 PM

I wil see a Car chase in the next Bond movie.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 14 July 2002 - 02:57 AM

With the Aston Martin returning, I'm sure we're going to see a car chase of sorts. But really, I wish we wouldn't. How many times can Bond have a car chase in a row? Or how many times can you give him a fantastic car and he not use it? That's one of the biggest problems with GoldenEye. He gets the Z3 with all its great equipment, but what for? To drive in Cuba. Please just give him a rental next time.

#3 007_JamesBond

007_JamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 July 2002 - 08:35 PM

it is kind of ritual for Bond to have a sooped up car, and a car chase is sort of mandatory in a Bond movie,lol but I am sure that there will be

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 15 July 2002 - 03:04 AM

It appears that the AM will feature very prominently in Die Another Day so maybe it will be used sparingly in Bond 21 as a counterpoint.

But as Die Another Day is the first of a new 3 picture deal with the car makers, I'm sure that the AM will be utilised to it's full marketing potential, both on and off screen.

I don't know about anyone else though, but I wouldn't like to see the AM all the time in every movie. The odd scene here and there is OK, but if it's to be seen and driven everywhere throughout each movie, it could be a case of sensory overload resulting in a touch of the blase. "Familiarity breeding comtempt" and all that.

#5 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 11:38 PM

I wouldnt mind seeing the AM get the same exposure in Bond 21 just like the original Aston appeared breifly in Thunderball.

#6 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 04:11 PM

I'd like to see the Vanquish return in Bond 21, but not that prominently. Something like what JimmyBond mentioned about it being like the AM in TB would be good. If Bond drove it around for the film without any gizmos on it, that would still be okay. What I don't want is another Z3 or Z8 deal. A huge intro by Q for one quip by Bond. Or a big chase like in DAD.