38 replies to this topic

#31 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 05:33 AM

I shouldn't even be online right now...I should be in bed...but I just wanted to congratulate CBN for getting itself mentioned all over the world.

According to my brother, Madonna's fencing cameo was mentioned on Access Hollywood in the States. Unfortunately, there was no mention of CBN to go with it...but we know where AH got their info...and we know they will be back.

As for the "nature" of Madonna's cameo...I am glad to hear she decided to take some fencing lessons...since this scene is so pivitol to the plot, everything should look as perfect as possible.

Perhaps the Versace gown is for her video...I suppose we will simply wait and see about that.

As for the other interesting detail about Madonna's role...how are we going to know which way the blade is drawn, unless someone offers to sheath it for her. And folks...I don't mean Bond.

*That* kiss just got back on the table.

-- Xenobia

#32 DerrickD

DerrickD

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 06:32 AM

Hey all,

Now I know that we have ONE article claiming that Madonna took fencing lessons...but maybe if that's NOT true, and if it's true that she'll only be on screen for a "few seconds", then I'm leaning towards the suggestion that maybe Bond gets his butt kicked in a fencing match with some mysterious, masked person - a body double - who finally removes the mask to reveal Madonna...thus the few seconds of Madonna just removing her facemask and smirking. =)

Anyway, the following quote from Barbara just makes Madonna's involvement all the more intriguing:

"We are thrilled Madonna has agreed to make a cameo appearance in Die Another Day. Her dynamic personality and onscreen presence will compliment the incredible title song she wrote and performs and which plays an integral part in the film."

Her song, if not her cameo, is described as "integral"! =)

#33 DerrickD

DerrickD

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 06:34 AM

...but I REALLY hope she took fencing lessons and will be featured in combat for more than a "few seconds"! =)

#34 solitaire

solitaire

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 06:39 AM

Only time will tell;)

#35 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 10 July 2002 - 06:49 AM

Originally posted by DerrickD
Anyway, the following quote from Barbara just makes Madonna's involvement all the more intriguing:

"We are thrilled Madonna has agreed to make a cameo appearance in Die Another Day. Her dynamic personality and onscreen presence will compliment the incredible title song she wrote and performs and which plays an integral part in the film."

Her song, if not her cameo, is described as "integral"! =)

Maybe she will be seen during the title song (a la Sheena Easton) and she'll be swordfighting.

#36 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 07:31 AM

That's one thing that's been puzzling me about the release. 'Integral'. How? To the movie? Or to the movies promotion? Or to the James Bond formula? There are a lot of possibilities.

#37 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 07:43 AM

Well, at least the film's getting some promotion.

Although it isn't that hard to guess what the critical reaction to Madonna being in it will be. If it's a short cameo, her appearance will be pointless (weak pun intended); if lengthy (if that's not a tautology) it'll be "another example of her rotten acting".

Whatever, it's trick casting and I'm not sufficiently overawed by Madonna to make her appearance a reason to see the bloody film. But it would appear to be a good enough reason for some. The more, the monier.

#38 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 10:22 AM

Originally posted by Blofeld's Cat

Maybe she will be seen during the title song (a la Sheena Easton) and she'll be swordfighting.

Noooo!!! Madonna is not exactly a spring chicken anymore and she doesn't look like a title sequence Bond Girl (which Sheena Easton probably did look more like). I don't mind Madonna as a Rosa Klebb type villainess but not as title sequence eye candy - otherwise they should've had Sheryl Crow in the title sequence of TND or Shirley Bassey or Tina Turner in their respective films.

#39 solitaire

solitaire

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 06:17 PM

Originally posted by Welshcat

Noooo!!! Madonna is not exactly a spring chicken anymore and she doesn't look like a title sequence Bond Girl (which Sheena Easton probably did look more like). I don't mind Madonna as a Rosa Klebb type villainess but not as title sequence eye candy - otherwise they should've had Sheryl Crow in the title sequence of TND or Shirley Bassey or Tina Turner in their respective films.

Madonna is a beautiful sexy woman regardless of her age which is just 43. I would love to see her in the title sequence myself,it would be nice to show a beautiful "woman" who is'nt just a pair of legs and tits for a change.Btw Pierce Brosnan is'nt exactly a "spring chicken" himself,he's a gorgeous Man in his 40s.:eek: :)