will bond switch to Jaguar

14 replies to this topic

#1 db5

db5

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:58 PM

As Ford gets ready to sell of Aston Martin to some company outside the automotive industry, will this meen that Bond will have to switch to a differnet Ford brand, probably Jaguar?

I dont know very mutch about the deal between Bond and Ford but will they be stuck with Ford or will the new Aston owners, If they can afford it in the first place, be able to take over the deal?

Ofcourse Bond never drives a car thats already on the market so it wont be the new XKR but probably something close.

2007 Jaguar XKR
Posted Image

Edited by db5, 13 November 2006 - 10:00 PM.

#2 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:02 PM

I certainly won't shed a tear if BOnd is behind the wheel of a Jag...for obvious resons.

#3 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:40 AM

What was it Richard Pryor said in Silver Streak? Chevy's a jerk off but Jag is pure p****.

And so with Bond. Nice alternative to the Aston Martin. But I wouldn't mind seeing AM again.

#4 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:28 PM

While I would certainly not have any upset over a switch to Jaguar, if the setting was Asia (Japan in particular) then I would much prefer it to be a Mazda.

That being said, and as upsetting to some as it might sound, I do find the the XK8 to be more attractive than it's DB7 platform-mate.

Perhaps Jaguar could have an upscale variant of its X-type in the offing. :P

Certainly, if Bond is going to be operating in Winter conditions, an all-wheel drive Jag with some serious power wouldn't be a bad way to go. :)

I can but hope!!!

#5 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

I certainly won't shed a tear if Bond is behind the wheel of a Jag...for obvious resons.

What he said. :)

#6 Astonman

Astonman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:53 PM

Jaguar is too well-known for Bond. Jaguar also is not as exclusive as Aston Martin. Aston Martin IS Bond's car.

#7 db5

db5

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:20 PM

Well if we look at it from a nother view I would appreciate it if James Bond could help the mark to get out of its long dark period of bad sales and romours of liquidation. If Bond can help save Jaguar it would be great, I certainly would hate to see the brand disappear!

#8 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:31 AM

While Aston Martin is definitely Bond's car, I also wouldn't mind seeing his main car in a film just once be a Jaguar or, even for old time's sake, a Bentley.

#9 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:54 AM

Okay now I'm thinking Bentley.

#10 db5

db5

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 07:41 PM

Bentley is not a bad choise, but it isnt Ford so then Id rather see him stick to Aston. Bentleys are more something for the villian or M eventhough he drives them in the books. but hey this isnt the books, the image everyone know him by is from the movies.

Edited by db5, 17 November 2006 - 07:45 PM.

#11 Astonman

Astonman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:43 PM

Aston Martin wont be with Ford much longer since Ford put the company up for sale a couple months ago. Im sure that the new owners of Aston Martin will gladly still supply cars for future movies and im sure Ford will keep their partnership with the Bond franchise as long as they are contracted for.

#12 db5

db5

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:40 PM

Aston Martin wont be with Ford much longer since Ford put the company up for sale a couple months ago. Im sure that the new owners of Aston Martin will gladly still supply cars for future movies and im sure Ford will keep their partnership with the Bond franchise as long as they are contracted for.

Yeas but as I said we dont know the deal, what if Bond is obligated to use Ford

#13 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 06:09 AM

Jaguar is too well-known for Bond. Jaguar also is not as exclusive as Aston Martin. Aston Martin IS Bond's car.

BMW's are more common than Jags, and we saw Bond in a few of those. If Ford's agreement is also for Bond 22, and they do sell off AM, we could see Bond driving his personal AM and a Jag as a company car.

#14 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:32 AM

I think whilst they were filming DAD, EON productions had signed a three picture deal with AM. so Bond 22 (Risico, hopefully) will be the third and final appereance from Aston Martin. Bond 23 may be when we see him behind the whhel of a diffrent car.

#15 db5

db5

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:15 PM

I think whilst they were filming DAD, EON productions had signed a three picture deal with AM. so Bond 22 (Risico, hopefully) will be the third and final appereance from Aston Martin. Bond 23 may be when we see him behind the whhel of a diffrent car.

ok, thanks for the info, but was that a deal with Aston or Ford? I think the reason that bond switched to BMW in 1995 was that they simply could offer more money. I doubt that the new owners can match the current one.

I wouldnt be surprised if Bond will have to stick to Ford.

Edited by db5, 19 November 2006 - 12:16 PM.