2 replies to this topic

#1 Silencer7

Silencer7

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2002 - 01:36 AM

It was done with "View to a kill" but do singers today have the stuff

to do "diamonds are forever" or "Live and let die"? Which brings me to the point who do you think could redo all the classics???????:)

#2 MicroGlobe One

MicroGlobe One

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 June 2002 - 03:11 PM

Oh, all the classics have been redone -- and marvellously well, I might add -- thanks to our man David Arnold. Shaken and Stirred: The David Arnold James Bond Project is one of the absolute best 007 related albums you can get your hands on.

David Mcalmont did "Diamonds are Forever," Aimee Mann "Nobody Does it Better," Pulp recorded their version of "All Time High," Shara Nelson "Moonraker," Chrissie Hynde did quite well on "Live and Let Die" (and this tune has to be the most remade of all the Bond themes), Martin Fry "Thunderball," Propellerheads does a phenomenal remix of "On Her Majesty's Secret Service," Iggy Pop sings "All the Time in the World"... Well, you get the idea. There's plenty more, but I'm just repeating track listings here. Surf on over to Amazon or your local music store and check it out, if you're not already familiar with it.

Aside from this album, you'll just have to look long and hard to find all the other cover versions done of Bond themes. There are plenty of them out there, some for download at the MI6 website, and most are rarities...

#3 Hardyboy

Hardyboy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 22 June 2002 - 05:19 PM

Am I the only person who didn't like the Shaken and Stirred CD? OK, I did like two or three versions--Iggy Pop's loungish "We Have All the Time in the World" is probably my favorite--but a lot of the versions made me cringe. . .especially "DAF" sung in falsetto by a man. Shudder. . .