6 replies to this topic

#1 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 08:47 PM

anyone agree? I liked the chase in Mexico. A good classic bond type story.

#2 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 19 May 2002 - 08:53 PM

Haven't played this one, but is it a 'linear' game where one can only drive off-road for a bit, then the phoney trees-that-form-a-solid-wall are in one's way? Or are the levels vast and unconstraining?

#3 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 May 2002 - 07:28 PM

It was a game with mostly those phoney trees and junk.

the new york level was fairly big, but you were in such a rush to grab these little micro chips and things like that that you couldn't explore the city.

It was good, If it had gone onto PS2 it would have been awesome. like 10-15 levels with the quality as in the racing levels of AUF.

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 20 May 2002 - 07:58 PM

I must say...I HATED THIS GAME!!!

I was so looking forward to it's release and got it the day it came out; only to be disappointed at how [censored] it was.
I honestly prefer playing Tomorrow Never Dies more than this. I actually can't even remember the last time it entered my console.
Poor car control, bad dialogue, really bad music, super bad FMV faces (Brosnan should have sued!) and an overall terrible experience.
Pure crud I tell yah!

#5 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 02:07 PM

twasn't that bad, the music was good, the dialog and car control wern't too bad, you have to remember that they were working on at least 5 games

-TWINE 64
-TWINE PSX
-TWINE GB
-TWINE PC (not released)
-007 racing

and they may have started wokr on Auf, okay, probvubly not, but they we're working on 007 racing and TWINE for AuF

#6 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 10:53 PM

OK guys, my opinion has changed on this now. Here is a post I made at another Bond site when I completed the game:

Originally when I bought this game I wasn't too fond of it. I found it tricky, unrealistic and in places boring.
After leaving it on my shelf to collect dust for a few months, I decided to pop it back in my machine and give it another chance.
Three days later I had beaten the game and I must say that it was absolutely excellent. The only problem I had with it was that it was too short and I wanted more.
The further I got into the game, the more I enjoyed it and even though I've completed it, I still go back and zip through my favourite levels. I've even managed to get 100% on 'Download' and 'Showdown'.
The character set up and storyline are interesting too. I especially like how they brought back characters from past films and put them in the employ of created villains. Jaws turns up as do Whisper and Koskov. The main villain is Hammond Litte, an industrialist or something and his daughter Cherise Litte whome you orignally save from a kidnapping, but it later turns out that it was phoney.

The Bond girl is Melody Chase, a chemical scientist who you have to save a few times.

It's pretty good and if you haven't already played it, I suggest you do.

So there you have it.

#7 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 09:32 PM

well said, that's how I felt when I played it, but you forgot to mention that everyone's favorite allie shows up:

Sheriff J.W. Pepper