10 replies to this topic

#1 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 February 2002 - 06:47 AM

Why oh why doesn't this game feature the Bond theme? Does anyone know?
If it weren't for that, I would probably like this game a lot more.

#2 007_JamesBond

007_JamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 February 2002 - 04:56 PM

I dont know, but the game is still cool

#3 WarBird

WarBird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 November 2002 - 05:40 PM

It's a good game. I think it would be better if they included the Bond theme.

#4 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 07:43 AM

i just play a bond soundtrack on my cd player while playin the game, instant bond feel.

#5 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 08:15 PM

I think the music for this game could have been done alot better. I always wondered why the bond theme wasn't used for the N64 version. Wasn't it used in the playstation version??

Rich

#6 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 09:52 PM

This was quite strange, the Bond theme not being in TWINE 64, I mean, it was in GE, so why not TWINE? It was a good game, but not half as good as GE:D

#7 Dr Zhivago

Dr Zhivago

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2002 - 11:43 AM

The Bond theme copyright holders wanted more money than EA were prepared to pay.

#8 Termin8Anakin

Termin8Anakin

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 02:35 PM

TWINE actually DOES have the music from Bond. Listen to the TWINE movie soundtrack, and it's all there in the game. But there was no excuse for EA and Eurocom to not put the Bond theme in there. I mean, if you have the license to make Bond games, wouldn't it be at least sensible to allow use of the Bond theme? Oh well.
The game sucked hard. After 5 seconds of playing it, I just put the controller and said "No. This ain't right. I hate it." The presentation of it sucked, the graphics sucked, the framerate sucked. The only good thing was that people talked.
And TND, 007 Racing and Agent Under Fire? Oh man, don't get me started on them. Hopefully NightFire will be better.
Goldeneye will never be beat.

Anyone looking something that plays as good, if not better than GE, play Timesplitters 2. If you didn't know, Free Radical Design (the developers) are actually ex-Rare employees who worked on GE and Perfect Dark. And since Rare's gone to Microsoft, even more Rare employees have gone to FRD. So play it. It's even got references to GE (like the Dam and Facility)! The controls are also exactly the same!

#9 0007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 12:46 AM

If it weren't for that, I would probably like this game a lot more.

To me a Bond theme wouldn't really matter to me. I won't hate a Bond game just because it has no Bond theme.

However, I hate the introduction. There are too many of those company maker names and stuff they wanted to display, and you can't even cancel them.

Also, the graphics aren't that good either. There's no blood! That sucks. Also, WHY DOES DAMAGE MATTER?!? In GE you can kill enemies in one shot by hitting them in the chest with a bullet from a PP7. Yet in TWINE you need to shoot a person multiple times with a P2K for them to die--even if you score a hit on their heart! :mad:

#10 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 12:54 AM

I was also annoyed by those facts 0007. There was no blood whatso ever, and the bodies just dissappeared straight away. The damage thing was pretty lame, but the thing I loved is: the ability to switch from silenced to normal P99/P2K. There was a lot of this, being able to switch the guns' ''secondary function'', but I loved the fact you could just walk around with a silenced P99 all the time. Also, on the first level, where does the guard go? In the game, and film, as soon as the gun blows up, a guard runs out of the dorr. In the game, if you quickly rush out there too, the guard has vanished. That was pretty bad too.

#11 0007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 January 2003 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, the switching of the modes for TWINE is pretty cool. Also, the guard in the first mission ran through the door, out the other brown door, and made a right and stood there, waiting for you. That's where I think he went. However, people in GE disappear too. In the 6th mission where you had that time limit, I followed a scientist throughout the halls and into a rocket room. Then he ran along the walkway, disappearing into thin air as he did. Also, in the Archives level, meet DM Mishkin, and after he's done talking, follow him out the room and while walking he'll also disappear. :eek: